ambient

Please post finished works here.
Janusz Biela

ambient

Post by Janusz Biela »

Here are three renders from my free training. Quite different style then before when was strong light, over bright walls, high contrast. I wanted keep more calm render, more ascetic (not too many details). Soon next renders :wink:
Attachments
Ambient_GLA.png
Ambient_FIG.png
Ambient_CAR.png
nico

Re: ambient

Post by nico »

are perfect render, very hight quality...i'don't like the dof (imho) but it's all fantastic.
lumi panel on ceiling? lightportal? area? which light system are you using? :wink:
jure

Post by jure »

I love the atmosphere. Good job!
- Jure
cruisermori

Post by cruisermori »

Great renders. You have originated new KRay+LW quality standard. I am looking forward seeing your new renders.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Thank You! Btw with DoF,all the time is problem with "point of view": how, where, how strong, etc.
Here setup light (no lumi in scene). Time renders between 1:30 - 2:30 h.
Attachments
Ambient_light_setup.jpg
Mario

Post by Mario »

Janusz, you are making somekind of training tutorials for us mortals?

p.s. oh yes, renders are boring as usual :lol:
artattak

Post by artattak »

Dobre BARDZO DOBRE. Fotorealistyczne a to chyba najwazniejsze bo cały czas do tego dąrzymy do realizmu. Dofpro daje rade i dodaje realizmu aberacja, lekkie przepalenie. Po przyjrzeniu się na siatce doszłem do wniosku że tych świateł mogło byc znacznie mniej abu uzyskoć podobny efekt. A może mi sie wydaje. A może to takie skrzywienie aby oszczedzać na ilości swiateł aby nie zmulić renderingu. Tak czy siak świetna robota.
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Wow man! this looks good and different!
Your amterials are just perfect.
Why no Lumi this time?
nico

Post by nico »

so januzs you are working with sunsky of pontonnier in this render!! no lumi in celing!!! great news for kray!!!! :mrgreen:

edit:using the plugin's the render time is greater...with lumi panel is +fast....i've see from my test...it's true?
the quality is very good and is fast set the scene but i see > time!! :wink:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

About lights:
1. there a lot of spot and area lights, why? because I was tired by exponential tonemaping and "its" let`s say "patronizing" over scene (we know how exponential can ruin render...and we know we can not live without exponential) so I took decision to reduce level of exponential. So from now I will render almost pure LWF Gamma (in these renders are 75% of LWF in blending shader) If I will put just a few sources of light scene will start be overburn and flat. Is very hard control LWF but LWF brings positive thinks with real view of colors.
2. Actually this amount of lights did`t affect strong time of render (15-25 min without AA) but complicate setup of surfaces, high level of blur, high level of AA give multiply minimum 3.
G. promised better AA in next release and also surface shaders (which really bring speed)
3. Is one trick which I used first time: PowerShader for lights, because was too dark and could not use strong exponential or just rise up brightness of lights I make tonemaping by power (2-3 for each light) This idea can be DEVELOPED. Of course somebody will ask why not do it with lumi panels, but I observe power shader works better with physical lights. Are less splotches (almost non), less effect of strong radiation.
4. I would like really avoid problem with exponential by canceling unfortunate exponential and use only LWF Gamma. But I think this is quite difficult and maybe PowerShader can help to control better LWF Gamma.
Will continue this way and we will see what we get :wink:
Attachments
Ambient_KET.png
Ambient_SOF.png
albertos2008

Post by albertos2008 »

Hi janus..
what you have write before is chinese language for me..
I have to say that these images are you best work..

BTW what I really appreciate about you work is that you never stop to experiment...

really impressive!...

ciao

Alberto
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

albertos2008 wrote:Hi janus..
what you have write before is chinese language for me..
There is more clean info about tonemaping and PowerShader.
Attachments
PowerShader.jpg
tonemaping.jpg
khan973

Post by khan973 »

That is what I tried with my last renders, but do you set up parameters in LW in LINEAR or RGB?
Also, around ceiling it's pretty dark, hox do you handle that?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

khan973 wrote:That is what I tried with my last renders, but do you set up parameters in LW in LINEAR or RGB?
Yes, in LW must be Linear. All space colors and tonemap You do in Kray .
Also, around ceiling it's pretty dark, hox do you handle that?
Sorry but I do not understand question....
rosstheboss

Post by rosstheboss »

What a bout post - whats is your method ?