LW SDK & KRAY

General disscusion about Kray
talats

LW SDK & KRAY

Post by talats »

Hi Guys,
I am writing this thread because beteween yesterday and this morning I had the possibility to talk a little with the Quality Assurance Manager - 3D Development - of NewTek.

Talking to him I was asking why Newtek doesn't share the LW SDK and, also, that more than often the reply we receive from kray staff when some lw function is not supported is that newtek does not share the SDK and so it is not a Kray bug but something that can not be fixed until newtek will share the SDK...

He told me that LW SDK it's available for everyone who wants to develope for LW... The SDK is there for indipendent developer, also for Gregorz and our beloved Kray...

In telling what I told to the Newtek manager, I've been really hard and angry... so just imagine how I felt in knowing that the problem is not the SDK... So, can anybody give me (and, at this point, to the entire community) a logical and consistent answer?

Cheers

Roberto
jure

Re: LW SDK & KRAY

Post by jure »

Roberto, you didn't understand things properly. We never said LW doesn't share LW SDK but rather that implementation and documentation is poor in some parts. Of course we report this things to Newtek and they are mostly very helpful. Sometimes it just takes them a bit longer to reply. Also we understand that some things are just too complex in LW to be exposed in SDK or be implemented by us so there cannot be 100% compatibility.
- Jure
talats

Re: LW SDK & KRAY

Post by talats »

jure wrote:Roberto, you didn't understand things properly. We never said LW doesn't share LW SDK but rather that implementation and documentation is poor in some parts. Of course we report this things to Newtek and they are mostly very helpful. Sometimes it just takes them a bit longer to reply. Also we understand that some things are just too complex in LW to be exposed in SDK or be implemented by us so there cannot be 100% compatibility.
Later the Newtek Manager explained it to me... So, sorry for my disappoint and for my missunderstanding of this thing... On the Italian lw community the weather it's very hot this days because of what we are asking to Newtek and it seems they are listening to us and reply us everyday... Yesterday one's Newtek man opened a thread on our forum asking for new features, implementations and corrections we would like to have in modeler (next step i guess will be' layout) and they are replying to us request by request... Anyway, Newtek says that we will have a lot of sorprises with lw 11.5 wich is scheduled to be shown at next siggraph.

On the other side, Jure, I need to talk to you in pvt for a very important thing... sorry again!