Kray 2.5 and IES

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
talats

Kray 2.5 and IES

Post by talats »

Hi guys,
I have a big issue here... I am working on an external render by night with swimming pool... If i put IES for the lighting of the swimming pool and render, Kray make Lightwave crash... does anybody knows something about it... I tried with several kind of IES hoping that changing the photometric light maybe something goes fine, but nothing... just crash and crash, and I need to put IES also somewhere else in the garden around the swimming pool. Please let me know, I'm fighting with it since yesterday...
Janusz Biela

Re: Kray 2.5 and IES

Post by Janusz Biela »

Try this IES.
Last time I catch crash also from Spherical Light in complex scene....so can be something wrong (bug)...
Attachments
ies.rar
(96.54 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
talats

Post by talats »

You gave me those IES sometimes ago and those are the IES I am using... I guess it's a bug :)
talats

Post by talats »

I tried also adding Sperical Light... and it crash... Can someone check if it's a bug?
Leftover

Post by Leftover »

My old 2.4 scenes with spherical lights - crash LW11+Kr2.5
BUT. Same stuff imported to the new scene (including all lights) renders just fine.
Trying to figure out what is going on.

UPD. These is solution. If Kray Options - Quality Tab - Light quality section - Luminosity Min/Max Rays set to 0 - Spherical lights will crash LW. With any non zero values everything works fine.
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

Leftover wrote:My old 2.4 scenes with spherical lights - crash LW11+Kr2.5
BUT. Same stuff imported to the new scene (including all lights) renders just fine.

UPD. These is solution. If Kray Options - Quality Tab - Light quality section - Luminosity Min/Max Rays set to 0 - Spherical lights will crash LW. With any non zero values everything works fine.
im using LW 9.6.1 kray 2.5 and spherical and dome light crashing KRAY too.

another question, is there a way to set an individual object recurse limit? example. for my glass i only wanted to use recurse 10 and the rest lesser, is that possible? thankx
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

another question, is there a way to set an individual object recurse limit? example. for my glass i only wanted to use recurse 10 and the rest lesser, is that possible? thankx
Maybe this will help You. There You have limits in recurse. remember glass needs minimum 14 recurses for looking good. You can put less, but is big probability that the glass behind glass will look dark.
Attachments
Ceramic_white.srf
(47.75 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
metal.srf
(46.28 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
glass.srf
(48.02 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
talats

Post by talats »

Now I'm rendering... I had to put Spot Lights instead of IES, and point lights instead of spherical lighs... and of course the result it is not the same :( but I have to finish this job within this evening... After that I will check if changing the value of luminosity quality will fix the problem... but this version of Kray it's or not the more stable of ever? Also because next job will be 4 interior by night and there I will need to use IES :o
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

jdomingo wrote:
Leftover wrote:My old 2.4 scenes with spherical lights - crash LW11+Kr2.5

im using LW 9.6.1 kray 2.5 and spherical and dome light crashing KRAY too.

Thanks Johny.
nico

Post by nico »

oh boys too we have problem with ies!!!
crash crash crash, we used only the ies that johny send in message :!: :?:

witout ies no problem!!!
nico

Post by nico »

strange!!! with new scene and new light all ok.
with old sene and old lighting crash.