z depth with no AA

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
jnom

z depth with no AA

Post by jnom »

I just notice this now I've only used kraybuffers z depth parameters twice in kray. I usually use fog trick. Is there no AA in z depth?
Also it would be great if kray can preview z depth from viper like how exrtrader does it so its easier to get good z depth values.
jure

Re: z depth with no AA

Post by jure »

jnom wrote:I just notice this now I've only used kraybuffers z depth parameters twice in kray. I usually use fog trick. Is there no AA in z depth?
Also it would be great if kray can preview z depth from viper like how exrtrader does it so its easier to get good z depth values.
What output format are you using?
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

Tried everything tga,png. When it gets to the part with depth the AA is not there.
Attachments
kray_render00150_zbuf.tif
kray_render00150_zbuf.tif (99.83 KiB) Viewed 4744 times
kray_render00150_zbuf.png
kray_render00150_zbuf.png (938 Bytes) Viewed 4744 times
jure

Post by jure »

Change your Z buffer settings to Clip front: 0, clip back: 50 or something like that...
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

That worked. Thanks. Is it possible to have realtime preview of zdepth in kray similar to extrader? Or is it for kray 3.0? :mrgreen:
jure

Post by jure »

jnom wrote:That worked. Thanks. Is it possible to have realtime preview of zdepth in kray similar to extrader? Or is it for kray 3.0? :mrgreen:
Hmm no it wasn't planned. Why do you need it? I think better solution would be to link front and back values to nulls or something like that... That is doable with a little bit lscripting.
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

I think anything realtime or interactive preview like viper is a faster and more fluid workflow. Null solution is ok but you can't still visualize the falloff unless you actually render a frame. The advantage of exrtrader way is I can see it with viper and even adjust zdepth value without the need to render. I think dpont also has a similar implementation with his dpfilters. Also eventually people would want to use VPR to preview native lightwave buffers. Its one of the requested features for VPR afaik. It would be great if kray would have it in the next version.
jure

Post by jure »

Okay, I have noted it down. We'll see what we can do.
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

Thanks. Using kray in some more general animation and loving it.