lighting this room

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
nico

lighting this room

Post by nico »

hi boys, i've problem i need to lighting this room.
there isn't windows and the effect with lumi panel isn't good (ithink).
i want a global lighting but is very difficult
who can help me ad sharing the scene? :oops:
Attachments
share.zip
(92.93 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Janusz Biela

Re: lighting this room

Post by Janusz Biela »

I think You should try Lumi Panels.....
btw
New Kray have special button now for hide Lumi Panels from camera and reflections.
zonah

Post by zonah »

You can iluminate with lumi panel withouth problem.
I dont know what you need, about artificial light... add light where you need.

This is a fast test only adding more power multiply and photon multiply.

You can control thiss easy.
SynthEyes.jpg
zonah

Post by zonah »

Accordling to your ilumination.
If need to iluminate dark zone is better adding more lumi panel for realistic results.
And you have problems with the mesh... ;)
SynthEyes2.jpg
nico

Post by nico »

for final render i've used lumi panel but is a big numbers of panel so if this is the correct way i use it anyway!!! :mrgreen:

i want test idea....in afternoon post the render!!
nico

Post by nico »

zonah wrote:You can iluminate with lumi panel withouth problem.
I dont know what you need, about artificial light... add light where you need.

This is a fast test only adding more power multiply and photon multiply.

You can control thiss easy.
SynthEyes.jpg
zohan you can post a a wire frame for see your distance panel :?:
nico

Post by nico »

Janusz Biela wrote:I think You should try Lumi Panels.....
btw
New Kray have special button now for hide Lumi Panels from camera and reflections.
janusz where is special button? :D

i've tested using a grid plane with plane as lumi.
see the attachment but i think the lumi need a correct position into the space.
this is a fast test but isn't good...render time 19min and lighting very flat.

it's important move lumi panel one at time
Attachments
share00000.png
test.jpg
thomas

Post by thomas »

I don't know what size you're rendering at but a render like that shouldn't take more than a minute one medium setting for 1000 x 500 pixels - give or take a bit, but 19 minutes, no. Maybe you have a liiiiiiittle bit of (blurry) reflection on all your white walls? If so, just set this to zero.

Then another tip for your lighting: filling up the whole room with completely evenly spaced lumi-panels will give a very dull image, as it should do, because if practically the whole ceiling is a luminous panel with constant lightness then there will hardly be any shadows. Try putting only 10 to 15 panels that are smaller in size (50 x 50 cm, for instance) just to get a feel for the difference in lighting - you might have to crank up the luminosity to 5000 percent but that doesn't matter, as long as it looks good. Filling up a whole space with a very regular grid of luminous polys has always produced boring images for me.
nico

Post by nico »

thomas wrote:I don't know what size you're rendering at but a render like that shouldn't take more than a minute one medium setting for 1000 x 500 pixels - give or take a bit, but 19 minutes, no. Maybe you have a liiiiiiittle bit of (blurry) reflection on all your white walls? If so, just set this to zero.

Then another tip for your lighting: filling up the whole room with completely evenly spaced lumi-panels will give a very dull image, as it should do, because if practically the whole ceiling is a luminous panel with constant lightness then there will hardly be any shadows. Try putting only 10 to 15 panels that are smaller in size (50 x 50 cm, for instance) just to get a feel for the difference in lighting - you might have to crank up the luminosity to 5000 percent but that doesn't matter, as long as it looks good. Filling up a whole space with a very regular grid of luminous polys has always produced boring images for me.
thank's for trips
we are working with a sequence of work in scene witout windows so we want found a good setup quality. :wink:
zonah

Post by zonah »

Nico i not change nothing in your scene, is all same that you share.

I only add Kray photon multiplier to your Lumi object and too i add soe indirect light on floor shader to increase bounds and take more light.
jure

Post by jure »

nico wrote:this is a fast test but isn't good...render time 19min and lighting very flat.
What else do you expect from a white room with white lights?! The problem is not in Kray setup but in your scene - you need to add materials, objects, colors...
- Jure
nico

Post by nico »

oh jure it's ok...i've worked on complete scene with materials an objects but i can't sharing all.
it's a terminal of airport - drink and fast food....the global lighting in gate is all flat + interior lighting.