Sampling information needed

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
djwaterman

Sampling information needed

Post by djwaterman »

This is from the wiki;
Pixel filter
You can choose between several different methods for filtering of pixels. Each pixel filter will look a little bit different. Some produce sharper and some softer images. Some are better when dealing with moire patterns.
Filter radius specifies the amount of “blur”. When radius is large image will look more blurry. With low filter radius images will look sharper.
Which? What? How? Which ones are better at moire patterns? What ones produce sharper or softer images? See my point? Sometimes the wiki leaves you with a little bit of knowledge while leaving you clueless.
Janusz Biela

Re: Sampling information needed

Post by Janusz Biela »

djwaterman wrote:This is from the wiki;
Pixel filter
You can choose between several different methods for filtering of pixels. Each pixel filter will look a little bit different. Some produce sharper and some softer images. Some are better when dealing with moire patterns.
Filter radius specifies the amount of “blur”. When radius is large image will look more blurry. With low filter radius images will look sharper.
Which? What? How? Which ones are better at moire patterns? What ones produce sharper or softer images? See my point? Sometimes the wiki leaves you with a little bit of knowledge while leaving you clueless.

Just visit please Chaos Group page, there is a lot universal information:

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R1/e ... htm#filter
http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R1/
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Thanks for that, still I don't want to have to go over to the V-ray manual when I'm using Kray. From a marketing point of view that shines a light onto V-ray and the user experience for Kray needs to be more inclusive and informative.
jure

Post by jure »

Thanks, we will update the manual with more information.
- Jure