What happened with CORE?

General disscusion about Kray
fabian-pok

What happened with CORE?

Post by fabian-pok »

Hi Guys,

I just downloaded lightwave 10 trial and what I noticed is where are all the cool things they developed in lighwave CORE?

Look, I'm not going to pay 495 for this kind of update. I use Fprime, so why do I need the VPR of lightwave 10? Virtual studio in 10, cool for big studios but useless for little studio's. So again, why pay 495? I have to use other software like cinema4D (mograph) or max to do cloners or modifiers, things they have developed ages ago... they did it in a nice video for lightwave core...why is it not in the 10?

Anybody can tell me why I should buy it?
nico

Re: What happened with CORE?

Post by nico »

why?
only for a answer...PRICE.
if you wait the last version (core) you must pay much money.
so you can use lw10 or study core with a different price.

there is not convenience now for lw10...is as lw 9.6 + vpr...nothing :evil:
HappyMantis

Post by HappyMantis »

For what I see, it's look like 9.6 + vpr + bugs :?

Hopefully for newtek, we as lightwave users love our software!
Otherwise I don't see any reasons to upgrades to lw10...except as Nico say to pay less for Core...

Have a question though...if we upgrade to LW10, will we be allowed to download Core?
nico

Post by nico »

yes.
i haven't see it (core) but with upgrade you buy the core :oops:
Alexos

Post by Alexos »

fabian-POK wrote:Hi Guys,

I just downloaded lightwave 10 trial and what I noticed is where are all the cool things they developed in lighwave CORE?

Look, I'm not going to pay 495 for this kind of update. I use Fprime, so why do I need the VPR of lightwave 10? Virtual studio in 10, cool for big studios but useless for little studio's. So again, why pay 495? I have to use other software like cinema4D (mograph) or max to do cloners or modifiers, things they have developed ages ago... they did it in a nice video for lightwave core...why is it not in the 10?

Anybody can tell me why I should buy it?
Well, it's an update - that's the main reason I guess. But apart from that, and apart from the fact that VPR can be rather useful in some circs (it works in all viewports unlike Fprime, for instance, which is handy for lights placement and whatnot) and the new interface which I find very pleasant, the most significant improvement is the linear workflow. You won't really need it if you only render in K-ray, but if you're planning on using LW's engine from time to time it's a pretty nice feature to have.

And yeah, you'll get CORE as well. When it's ready, that is - don't hold your breath... :)

ADP.
jnom

Post by jnom »

Why pay 495?
As I remember I bought lw 8.5 which included an update to lw 9.0, lwcad,uvedit vue5.
Now we're in lw 9.6 and didn't pay for upgrade all that time. 495US for lw 10 and a brand new application, core 1.0 is reasonable imho.
Try to keep up with maxon and AD software updates and you'll see how 495US is nothing. Granted it will take time to make a new application, xsi took atleast 5 years to be good I think and modo is still a modeller/basic animation at 7 years.
If newtek doesn't get much support financially from its current userbase, then plugins such as kray will cease to exist for it since there's no more new users. Kray itself will stagnate development. There are a lot of plugins that are already dead or not being developed anymore because of this and I hope kray will not be one of them.