Physical Sky and Lumi surfaces

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
HappyMantis

Physical Sky and Lumi surfaces

Post by HappyMantis »

Hi there!

I'm meeting an issue whe using luminous surface with Physical Sky: here's a picture with only Physical Sky and some photometric lights:
test.jpg
What I want is to light the tree balloons lights with a luminous surface (the tree balls at the back right of the picture), but here's the result when adding 1% luminosity to their surface: (1% luminosity on the surface is the only change I've made)
test2.jpg
The Kray options setup are all the "low" preset without any changes, maybe there is an issue with photometric light?

Hope you can help!
Janusz Biela

Re: Physical Sky and Lumi surfaces

Post by Janusz Biela »

Can you show last tab from Kray (Quality Tab)...maybe you have direct mode ON?
HappyMantis

Post by HappyMantis »

Hi Johnny! Thank you for quick answer. Problem came from here indeed :D
test3.jpg
test3.jpg (36.02 KiB) Viewed 3420 times
My luminosity model was indirect (the one by default?) and switching to the other mode (automatic and direct) allow kray to render the surface correctly (well it crash one time, but after crash everything fine, even with indirect)

I'm gonna check the manual on that area in order to understand how it's working, but thank you again!
jure

Post by jure »

Looks like a bad photon bug in indirect mode... If you can simplify scene and send it to me I will add it to our bugtracker.
- Jure
HappyMantis

Post by HappyMantis »

Well the bug are no longer in the scene, but I'll do this for you for sure! I have another scene (but an interior scene) with the scene "problem"...curiously it's only with scene with photometric lights.

I can package scenes as it is if you want...but as I'm not sure what's involved in the problem, how can I simplify it in order to simplify your bugtracking?
jure

Post by jure »

Best way to simplify scene is to do it by elimination. Just start removing objects and until the bug disappears..
- Jure