Kray and garagefarm

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
ryste3d.com

Kray and garagefarm

Post by ryste3d.com »

Hi all

Just put together a very short animation to test out the http://www.garagefarm.net And believe me, that was the most happily $13 I have ever spent in my life.
I send him a packed scene file and after a few moment I got an email asking how I would like to have the animation deliver. I told him as 24Bit tiff files. And then I ask him if it was possible for him to go into the scene and change to camera 2 after camera 1 was finish rendering. And for all the other 5 cameras in the scene. No problem he says. We was on Skype the so no waiting for answers. And then he call me just to make sure we was ready to go. We had a problem with a plug-in, but that was taken care of en a few moment. I have never seen that kind of service in my life.

After 4 hours he was finish rendering 350 frames (on my system I used 7 min pr. frame = 40 hours) and I only paid $13. That is properly less then the electrical bill for having my own PC running for 40 hours.

Try it out. I works.

Her is the test animation: Car animation

http://vimeo.com/channels/101103
Last edited by ryste3d.com on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stretch

Re: Kray and garagefarm

Post by stretch »

Really awesome work!!!!!!!! and ill be giveing them a try!
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Excellent work. How did you composite the car shadows to the plate using kray or is it one pass render? Motionblur is kray or post process?
ryste3d.com

Post by ryste3d.com »

Hi,

Yes it is a GI Independent render. I did not have any success with Time Interpolation. And no, MB is post work. All to keep render time down.
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Cool!! so no gi just raytracing.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

ryste3d.com wrote:Hi,

Yes it is a GI Independent render. I did not have any success with Time Interpolation. And no, MB is post work. All to keep render time down.

IF is GI Independent render You used QMC, because I don`t see any blinking GI in scene. Second I saw You used AE with MB (small twist MB on objects borders areas when we freeze animation) is good idea but You was try MB in Kray ? is not that slow, with Grid 5 looks good)
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

Janusz Biela wrote:
ryste3d.com wrote:Hi,

IF is GI Independent render You used QMC, because I don`t see any blinking GI in scene. Second I saw You used AE with MB (small twist MB on objects borders areas when we freeze animation) is good idea but You was try MB in Kray ? is not that slow, with Grid 5 looks good)
Johny, where is QMC in kray?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

where is QMC in kray?
Just Turn OFF Cache Irradiance in General Tap
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Janusz Biela wrote:
where is QMC in kray?
Just Turn OFF Cache Irradiance in General Tap
When I did that before rendertime takes a huge hit and very noisy even at grid 4 fsa.

Maybe ryste3d.com can show his rendersettings for this animation. Would help a lot in rendering animations with fast rendertime and good flickerfree quality. I am planning to do a short using kray render exclusively if the kray 2.2 version fixes alpha matt flags. Finally have an idea for a short at last. :mrgreen:
ryste3d.com

Post by ryste3d.com »

The animation is not 100% flicker free (97%) but when I apply just a small amount ReelSmart Motion Blur in After Effects it goes away. You don't need the PRO version, but it dos so much more.
Attachments
kray_settings.KGcfg
(947 Bytes) Downloaded 679 times
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

ryste3d.com wrote:The animation is not 100% flicker free (97%) but when I apply just a small amount ReelSmart Motion Blur in After Effects it goes away. You don't need the PRO version, but it dos so much more.
Thanks. I loaded the kray setting. The setting is photon mapping? I thought car render is only raytraced.
Not using qlwf and physical sky?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

geo_n wrote:
ryste3d.com wrote:The animation is not 100% flicker free (97%) but when I apply just a small amount ReelSmart Motion Blur in After Effects it goes away. You don't need the PRO version, but it dos so much more.
Thanks. I loaded the kray setting. The setting is photon mapping? I thought car render is only raytraced.
If You want render car in raytracing mode (but rest scene in full GI) just select shader with raytracing for cars surfaces.
jure

Post by jure »

Wow very nice animation!
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Janusz Biela wrote:
geo_n wrote:
If You want render car in raytracing mode (but rest scene in full GI) just select shader with raytracing for cars surfaces.

If car has more than 50 surface is there an easy way to add kray shader? Does kray same function in object properties? would be a good addition.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

If car has more than 50 surface is there an easy way to add kray shader? Does kray same function in object properties? would be a good addition.
Now it is impossible :cry: