Modern house

Please post finished works here.
Janusz Biela

Re: Modern house

Post by Janusz Biela »

khan973 wrote: What do you mean by correction for GI engine?

Problem with small objects. Kray too many time spedns with render small objects (leafs, grass...) Should be GI per pixel for that parts...or another detection of GI.

Another view, still many parts need fix ..or tests 8)
Attachments
house_modern_G.png
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Very realistic! Your new grass is amazing!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Next version..I know too strong PS... 8)
Work in progres....
Attachments
house_modG.jpg
HappyMantis

Post by HappyMantis »

That's really inspiring to see your render :) Personally I wouldn't care about adding non-realistic color/mood if it's giving some poetry to the picture, even if Arch Viz is about realistic rendering... Some questions about this picture though:

Did you use UV mapping in order to place textures? (I'm speaking about the damages on the concrete material)...and still about this picture, may we know how many kind of grass's patchs you are using?

Otherwise nothing to say...your render just rocks!! make some tutorials man!! :wink:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

HappyMantis wrote:That's really inspiring to see your render :) Personally I wouldn't care about adding non-realistic color/mood if it's giving some poetry to the picture, even if Arch Viz is about realistic rendering... Some questions about this picture though:

Did you use UV mapping in order to place textures? (I'm speaking about the damages on the concrete material)...and still about this picture, may we know how many kind of grass's patchs you are using?

Otherwise nothing to say...your render just rocks!! make some tutorials man!! :wink:
Texturing is basic: just dirty map in bump, reflection, difuse, color chanell. Of coarse blur (no specular....I hate this old trick for fake reflection...it is so unreal.... I prefer real reflection and blur, of coarse for leafs is good idea put specular becouse real refection for Sun is very slow (TRACE DIRECT in shader surface turn ON visible sun...if I understand correctly this function)
Tutorial after new Instance....You want learn 10 layers for ground? :mrgreen:

Work in progres....
Attachments
house_modH.jpg
HappyMantis

Post by HappyMantis »

Thank you for precisions. If I understand Kray instancing system correctly, the placement of "proxy" had to be made in modeler, and from that, I think there is many options or plugins in order to place proxy in modeler in a easy and natural way.
So for now, I think the main points to have realistic grass is to have good and many (maybe 10 as you said) patch of grass/vegetation, and to place them correctly (meaning according to reality) in modeler. Are you waiting to be able to place instances from weight map or texture map?

Anyway nice work on that picture too, ground and shader are impressive! :wink:
HappyMantis

Post by HappyMantis »

Oh by the way, should I ask you if you're using kray physical sky for exterior lightning or standard LW light? (Yes I'm curious, but as you won't make tutorial before kray new instancing system, I had to ask questions! :wink: )
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

HappyMantis wrote:Thank you for precisions. If I understand Kray instancing system correctly, the placement of "proxy" had to be made in modeler, and from that, I think there is many options or plugins in order to place proxy in modeler in a easy and natural way.
So for now, I think the main points to have realistic grass is to have good and many (maybe 10 as you said) patch of grass/vegetation, and to place them correctly (meaning according to reality) in modeler. Are you waiting to be able to place instances from weight map or texture map?

Anyway nice work on that picture too, ground and shader are impressive! :wink:

Grass I make as subpatch (two layers: low and high grass) this layers are unvisible in LW. Trees I just copy under LW and later replace by script to null points. Weed are points copy from grass layer and after Jitter and delete random. It is a bit complicate...but we don`t have any better tool yet :)
So grass has 6 layers: low and high grass, weed, flowers, tree leafs, ground.
Physky: 2/3 1.0/2.0 , tonemaping gamma2.2/Expo 3-5, 10-20%
HappyMantis

Post by HappyMantis »

Thank you very much for the explanations! So I guess that subpatched grass is used for foreground? By the way I'm newbie here but....are you johnny quick?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

HappyMantis wrote:Thank you very much for the explanations! So I guess that subpatched grass is used for foreground? By the way I'm newbie here but....are you johnny quick?
Yes the same person :)
soon I will release my grass in LW scene.
khan973

Post by khan973 »

I've seen the last Igrass pack, they look amazing!
it really sucks that they only do it for max/vray
    Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

khan973 wrote:I've seen the last Igrass pack, they look amazing!
    it really sucks that they only do it for max/vray

Don`t worry about grass...now looks great (of coarse by primitive tool which we have). I promise after release new Instance we will render beautiful grass by one click without lost memory .
      This is some samples from my scene which I will release. Renders directly from Kray.
      Attachments
      test_00001.png
      test_00001.png (285.01 KiB) Viewed 4944 times
      test_00000.png
      test_00000.png (135.23 KiB) Viewed 4944 times
      geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Detail is very nice. What trees are you using? Evermotion? :mrgreen:
      I don't really like the post work for this kind of renders though.
      Might I post another version from someone that looks very similar. I think minimal post work is good for this kind of shot.
      Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

geo_n wrote:Detail is very nice. What trees are you using? Evermotion? :mrgreen:
      I don't really like the post work for this kind of renders though.
      Might I post another version from someone that looks very similar. I think minimal post work is good for this kind of shot.

Will try make similar quality... :roll:
      Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

First I start the idea with less PS and another trees.
      QMC render
      Attachments
      house_modern.png