Post by geo_n »

simple interior quick archiviz
Attachments
houseinterior01.png
jure

Re: simple interior

Post by jure »

Hey,

I think it's an OK work but you could definitely work on those materials more. Lacks reflections I think...
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Thanks. which parts would improve with more reflections?
jure

Post by jure »

Those blue kitchen cabinets definitely look flat. Maybe there is reflection but it's too weak or blur too strong. Or maybe it has nothing to reflect. The sofa material also needs some texture.
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

ok will improve on it. I think I'm using default lw materials for those. Probably needs some tweaking in kray. :mrgreen:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

geo_n wrote:ok will improve on it. I think I'm using default lw materials for those. Probably needs some tweaking in kray. :mrgreen:

...You need alot tweak everywhere... :oops:
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Johny_quick wrote:
geo_n wrote:ok will improve on it. I think I'm using default lw materials for those. Probably needs some tweaking in kray. :mrgreen:

I know but it will be much easier if you upload some kray material presets :P
http://www.kraytracing.com/joomla/forum ... 1440&h=900
here
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

geo_n wrote:
Johny_quick wrote:

here

Surfaces does`t help You. First start with light and tonemaping....
vpii

Post by vpii »

To me it looks like the back kitchen is to dark. I think this scene would be good with Light Portal. Are you using Lightmap now?
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Johny_quick wrote:
geo_n wrote:
Johny_quick wrote:
here

Surfaces does`t help You. First start with light and tonemaping....
I used your tonemap settings :lol: but lighting needs work I only put on those small windows beside the table and right side of render. But you know material presets help if you upload some. Lol!
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

vpii wrote:To me it looks like the back kitchen is to dark. I think this scene would be good with Light Portal. Are you using Lightmap now?
Yep its too dark there. I only let physical sky do its thing and notice it doesn't get into interiors. I've noticed it from everyones rendering when the physical sky came out for kray the lightbounce is weak inside compared to dpont sunsky. I am using lightmap.
jure

Post by jure »

geo_n wrote:
vpii wrote:To me it looks like the back kitchen is to dark. I think this scene would be good with Light Portal. Are you using Lightmap now?
Yep its too dark there. I only let physical sky do its thing and notice it doesn't get into interiors. I've noticed it from everyones rendering when the physical sky came out for kray the lightbounce is weak inside compared to dpont sunsky. I am using lightmap.
It's only as bright as you make it. You must boost physky exposure a lot to get good brightness in interiors. You can check the classroom example scene I posted in free scenes section to see how it works.
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

jure wrote:
geo_n wrote:
It's only as bright as you make it. You must boost physky exposure a lot to get good brightness in interiors. You can check the classroom example scene I posted in free scenes section to see how it works.
Ok thanks jure. I think I used exposure 6 for this scene. Is there a way to multiply photons with physical sky like the old way in motion panel? :D
jure

Post by jure »

Currently no. You can use other tricks though... extra lights in windows or lumi polygons... Or increase power in photons tab.
- Jure