Matt objects

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
geo_n

Matt objects

Post by geo_n »

Are there any updates on supporting matt objects in kray? I had a request to be able to make matt renders in kray via shaders,etc. Is it possible to support the option for matt objects Image
Even if I make my objects completely black via surface so it doesn't show up in render, I don't know a way to exclude it in alpha. Constant black is not supported. Really this is important for compositing. Without alpha control its impossible.
Maybe someone knows a way via nodes?
jure

Re: Matt objects

Post by jure »

geo_n wrote:Are there any updates on supporting matt objects in kray? I had a request to be able to make matt renders in kray via shaders,etc. Is it possible to support the option for matt objects Image
Even if I make my objects completely black via surface so it doesn't show up in render, I don't know a way to exclude it in alpha. Constant black is not supported. Really this is important for compositing. Without alpha control its impossible.
Maybe someone knows a way via nodes?
Matte object is supported, Alpha channel settings not yet.
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Jure the alpha setting is the most important. Please priority one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I can tell you that kray is faster at rendering particles and volumetrics and cleaner too. I want to use kray for effects, many people might not know this fact that it renders fire effects faster but its completely unusable without those matt options. :mrgreen:
jure

Post by jure »

geo_n wrote:Jure the alpha setting is the most important. Please priority one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I can tell you that kray is faster at rendering particles and volumetrics and cleaner too. I want to use kray for effects, many people might not know this fact that it renders fire effects faster but its completely unusable without those matt options. :mrgreen:
Ok I'll try to push it forward.
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

jure wrote:
geo_n wrote:Jure the alpha setting is the most important. Please priority one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ok I'll try to push it forward.
Thanks. I couldn't believe how fast it was rendering fire and smoke effects compared to lw. I'm excited to use it on some projects. We switched to fumefx long time ago. But maybe this could change things.
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

kray renders particles 2-3 times faster. shame the alpha is not supported yet.
png with alpha attached.
Attachments
lw.png
lw.png (78.01 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
kray.png
kray.png (71.35 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
jure

Post by jure »

Nice indeed. Not many users use hypervoxels in kray hopefully your example will encourage other to try it too...
- Jure
tajino

Post by tajino »

I have to second that. Kray needs to be able to render alpha set in item properties and also alpha that is set in surface alpha setting. This should be on top priority.

Thanks.
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Yes, Support for real alpha is really needed!
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

This should be highest highest priority and probably not so hard to code but so crucial in workflow.