rendering texture maps

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
kbdesigns

rendering texture maps

Post by kbdesigns »

Hi. I have a scene with a picture I'm using as a diffuse map. When I render it I see nothing. What are the settings in Kray to render texture maps? thanx
Janusz Biela

Re: rendering texture maps

Post by Janusz Biela »

kbdesigns wrote:Hi. I have a scene with a picture I'm using as a diffuse map. When I render it I see nothing. What are the settings in Kray to render texture maps? thanx
Please show more information. Setup, render etc...
kbdesigns

Post by kbdesigns »

Is there a way to make kray 2.0 render the same way kray 1.612 did? I just realized I need to upack the archive into the same dir as my scenes in order for kray to work, but I still don't see any textures when I render. I'm going to try something and be back. thanks for the help.
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

kbdesigns wrote:Is there a way to make kray 2.0 render the same way kray 1.612 did? I just realized I need to upack the archive into the same dir as my scenes in order for kray to work, but I still don't see any textures when I render. I'm going to try something and be back. thanks for the help.
There are no special settings in kray to render texture maps. If they are there in LW, kray will render them. What about unpacking what archive in what dir??
kbdesigns

Post by kbdesigns »

I have a separate dir for my models, and scenes, and I finally got kray 1.6 to work correctly when I placed the kray.p and kray.ls in that dir. I don't save my scenes in the lightwave dir. Here are samples of what I mean.
testRender.jpg
this is what I get when I hit the render frame button
testscene1.jpg
This is what the scene looks like in lw8.0 before rendering. I have not changed any settings in kray except photon mapping. What should I do? Do I need to have the sky texture in the lightwave dir? or move the kray package to my dir where I have my images, models, and scenes? With kray 1.612, I didn't have this problem.Thanks.
jure

Post by jure »

kbdesigns wrote:I have a separate dir for my models, and scenes, and I finally got kray 1.6 to work correctly when I placed the kray.p and kray.ls in that dir. I don't save my scenes in the lightwave dir. Here are samples of what I mean.
testRender.jpg
testscene1.jpg
This is what the scene looks like in lw8.0 before rendering. I have not changed any settings in kray except photon mapping. What should I do? Do I need to have the sky texture in the lightwave dir? or move the kray package to my dir where I have my images, models, and scenes? With kray 1.612, I didn't have this problem.Thanks.
No, kray.p and all other kray plugins should be in your plugins folder.

Images textures and scenes should be in your content folder just like with LW rendering. Apparently something is wrong with your setup. You will need to post your scene if you want us to check and tell you exactly what the problem is.
- Jure
kbdesigns

Post by kbdesigns »

jure wrote:
kbdesigns wrote:I have a separate dir for my models, and scenes, and I finally got kray 1.6 to work correctly when I placed the kray.p and kray.ls in that dir. I don't save my scenes in the lightwave dir. Here are samples of what I mean.
The attachment testRender.jpg is no longer available
The attachment testscene1.jpg is no longer available

Images textures and scenes should be in your content folder just like with LW rendering. Apparently something is wrong with your setup. You will need to post your scene if you want us to check and tell you exactly what the problem is.
I know the plugins should be in the plugins folder, and they are there. I should have said copy them to my 3d folder. What exactly do you need my to post. Here is my setup.
Attachments
lw8plugin_lscripts_utildir.jpg
lw8plugin_lscriptsdir.jpg
lw8plugindir.jpg
jure

Post by jure »

kbdesigns wrote:
jure wrote:
testRender.jpg
testscene1.jpg

I know the plugins should be in the plugins folder, and they are there. I should have said copy them to my 3d folder. What exactly do you need my to post. Here is my setup.
Hmm you haven't installed this correctly. First make sure Lightwave is closed. Then please delete all Kray* files in all lightwave folders now and follow this instructions:

1. go to hereand under Product downloads press download to get kray.zip
2. open the kray.zip you downloaded and extract all the files in "common" folder into your Lightwave[8]\plugins\lscripts
3. open win32 folder and extract kray.p to your Lightwave[8]\plugins folder
4. run lightwave and open plugins panel (alt+F11). Make sure you have the following plugins installed:

Kray.lsc
Kray.p
KrayBuffers.lsc
KrayDebug.lsc
KrayInstances.lsc
KrayLicenceTool.lsc
KrayOverride.lsc
KrayPhySky.lsc
KrayQuickLWF.lsc
KrayTonemapBlending.lsc

Make sure there are no duplicates or any kray*******.ls files there. Close and restart LW and then you are ready to go.
- Jure
kbdesigns

Post by kbdesigns »

I'll give this a try and get back to you. Thanks Jure.
kbdesigns

Post by kbdesigns »

Hi Jure. I did exactly as you said above, and when I opened lw layout, the plugins were not there. So I tried to clear all the plugins from lw and scan directory. lw crashed twice before it let me add the plugins back. I added an object and clicked on kray options, and it failed to activate the plugin. I switched the plug from the win32 folder with the one from the win32/lw7 folder, and it still didn't work I am my wits end. When I get the new version of lightwave 9.6 this spring, I will try again. For now I will stick to what works - kray1.612 demo. I was hoping I could get the non-demo version of that. Thanks for all your help. I will be back.
vpii

Post by vpii »

What type of computer do you have? Jure maybe he needs to use NoSSE Plugin? Could that maybe help?
kbdesigns

Post by kbdesigns »

my system is an intel based system with 4 gigs of ram and the Intel Corei7 920 processor. I thought maybe i would have to use that plugin also. But I looked up my processor and it says it supports SSE2. I'll try it later on, but for right now I'm going to stick with what works. Thanks for the reply, vpii.