RC5 Project...

Please post finished works here.
larry_g1s

Re: RC5 Project...

Post by larry_g1s »

Strange it shows that I posted on this thread, but doesn't show what I posted. :?:
What I said was that it was a really solid job, and having done stuff similar I know what work went in to it, so great job! I also wanted to know if the trees where rendered using Kray's instancing. You mentioned something about HDInstance for the previz, I just didn't know how the final render was handled with the instancing of the trees. They look great, but when I do this many instance of trees with Kray :shock: render times shoot through the roof. So just curious to see if you can elaborate.
Larry V

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is
the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
jure

Post by jure »

larry_g1s wrote:Strange it shows that I posted on this thread, but doesn't show what I posted. :?:
What I said was that it was a really solid job, and having done stuff similar I know what work went in to it, so great job! I also wanted to know if the trees where rendered using Kray's instancing. You mentioned something about HDInstance for the previz, I just didn't know how the final render was handled with the instancing of the trees. They look great, but when I do this many instance of trees with Kray :shock: render times shoot through the roof. So just curious to see if you can elaborate.
Yes it's all Kray instances. Important thing is to use KraySurfaceOptions shader and select uncached photon mapping method for rendering with low FG rays (i think i used min 100 max 0).
- Jure
zonah

Post by zonah »

Problems too for me to see this 2º page of the post..

Some days the icon of new post on heree but can´t join. And now work when jure repply.
vpii

Post by vpii »

Jure, I am curious of the method you use in the animation for laying down your instances. Are you using veggipaint? or just spraying points down in modeler for your surrounding forest in the animation? I really like the transition on the edge of your forest to lawn. How many types of trees are you using?
jure

Post by jure »

vpii wrote:Jure, I am curious of the method you use in the animation for laying down your instances. Are you using veggipaint? or just spraying points down in modeler for your surrounding forest in the animation? I really like the transition on the edge of your forest to lawn. How many types of trees are you using?
I just sprayed the points in modeler. There is ony one type of tree used for forest and for the edge another smaller one.
- Jure
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

Hi Jure

this is when im using kray instancing and when the cache irradiance is turned off, how do i get rid of the noise on the final render?
when its turnedd on the render time multiplied by 3 times longer. thanks for the tips
jure

Post by jure »

jdomingo wrote:Hi Jure

this is when im using kray instancing and when the cache irradiance is turned off, how do i get rid of the noise on the final render?
when its turnedd on the render time multiplied by 3 times longer. thanks for the tips
Use max rays 100 min 0. With some FSAA it will clear the noise out.
- Jure
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

Hi Jure

thanks but mmmm looks like it doesnt get rid of the noise (please see attached). are you talking about the FG sample right?
Attachments
xkrattest.jpg
jure

Post by jure »

jdomingo wrote:Hi Jure

thanks but mmmm looks like it doesnt get rid of the noise (please see attached). are you talking about the FG sample right?
Where is the noise?
- Jure
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

i know it's a low resolution but when i turn on the cache irradiance and render with the same resolution there is no noise. they are on the big concrete wall with groove line. here is another view, much clearer and really can see noise, specially the building at the far left. there are no noise at the instances but the building have. thanks for your time and help
Attachments
0krayv2test3.jpg
jure

Post by jure »

jdomingo wrote:i know it's a low resolution but when i turn on the cache irradiance and render with the same resolution there is no noise. they are on the big concrete wall with groove line. here is another view, much clearer and really can see noise, specially the building at the far left. there are no noise at the instances but the building have. thanks for your time and help
Ah... you must turn cache irradiance off only for instances. Add Kray suraface options shader turn on "control diffuse model" select Photon mapping and deselect "cache irradiance".
- Jure
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

aaaaaahhhh, that does it, i should have explore more about surface option shader. thanks a lot jure