Kray RC5 released

General disscusion about Kray
khan973_forum

Re: Kray RC5 released

Post by khan973_forum »

Exact! that's why I used LW Viewer and didn't have this issue.
But still, there is a problem with alpha channel... If i have a glass in front of a wall, it will give me transparency for the glass no matter how opaque is the object behind.

When will this be fixed?
jure

Post by jure »

khan973 wrote:Exact! that's why I used LW Viewer and didn't have this issue.
But still, there is a problem with alpha channel... If i have a glass in front of a wall, it will give me transparency for the glass no matter how opaque is the object behind.

When will this be fixed?
Post it into bugs forum with example scene please.
- Jure
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

jure wrote:However if you are outputing to LW image viewer than you don't need to do this.
Does this work with f10 doing images sequences for animation?
Larry V

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is
the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
jure

Post by jure »

Larry_g1s wrote:
jure wrote:However if you are outputing to LW image viewer than you don't need to do this.
Does this work with f10 doing images sequences for animation?
Yes, it should work. (I haven't tested it though).
- Jure
jaxtone

Re: Kray RC5 released, say what?

Post by jaxtone »

Xcuse me for asking but how and where do I find information about from where I can download the latest build?

Here´s what I guess...

I am supposed to downloaded it from my personal login page at KRAY, but this is kind of confusing to, because I don´t see any difference of the file name from the version I downloaded when I first purchased a couple of weeks ago and the one that is available there now! Wouldn´t it be more fair to name your updates with proper version name signatures? As it is now I don´t have a clue if the version you have put up on my personal download page is the same as the latest one I installed, very confusing in deed!

Guidance please!
jure

Post by jure »

jaxtone wrote:Xcuse me for asking but how and where do I find information about from where I can download the latest build?

Here´s what I guess...

I am supposed to downloaded it from my personal login page at KRAY, but this is kind of confusing to, because I don´t see any difference of the file name from the version I downloaded when I first purchased a couple of weeks ago and the one that is available there now! Wouldn´t it be more fair to name your updates with proper version name signatures? As it is now I don´t have a clue if the version you have put up on my personal download page is the same as the latest one I installed, very confusing in deed!

Guidance please!
You can always check what version of kray.p you are using by checking info in the render window. Likewise you can check build number of your GUI plugins by checking them in the title bar of the windows. Current Kray.p version is RC5.
- Jure
jaxtone

Post by jaxtone »

Excuse me for asking again! Where did you say I was supposed to see it? If I open up about KRAY in the render window the information says:

LW Interface version 1.187 for KRAY 2.0 RC

What does that tell me, that I purchased and downloaded build 1.187 for version 2.0 a couple a weeks ago and that in this two weeks KRAY has developed into a version 5.0?

Jure! Please be more specific and give me some screen dumps so I see what you mean!

jure wrote:
jaxtone wrote:Xcuse me for asking but how and where do I find information about from where I can download the latest build?

Here´s what I guess...

Guidance please!
You can always check what version of kray.p you are using by checking info in the render window. Likewise you can check build number of your GUI plugins by checking them in the title bar of the windows. Current Kray.p version is RC5.
jure

Post by jure »

You are using old version apparently.

I suggest you open add/remove plugins and remove all Kray* plugins. Close Layout. Follow installation instructions here: http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/Installation

If you are using latest Kray.lsc you should see this screen: on top notice the build number "2.0 RC Build 1201 LSC"
http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/Image:K ... ptions.png

When you fire up rendering you should see this screen:
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard01.png (5.48 KiB) Viewed 6408 times
Notice the version number "Kray 2.0 RC5".
- Jure
jaxtone

Post by jaxtone »

Ok thanks for being more detailed!

I attach an image of the version info that pops up during the render process!
jure wrote:You are using old version apparently.

I suggest you open add/remove plugins and remove all Kray* plugins. Close Layout. Follow installation instructions here: http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/Installation

If you are using latest Kray.lsc you should see this screen: on top notice the build number "2.0 RC Build 1201 LSC"

The attachment Clipboard01.png is no longer available
Attachments
kray version 2.0.jpg
jure

Post by jure »

jaxtone wrote:Ok thanks for being more detailed!

I attach an image of the version info that pops up during the render process!
jure wrote:You are using old version apparently.

Clipboard01.png
Apparently you are still using old Kray version.
- Jure
jaxtone

Post by jaxtone »

Well not anymore... but I had some errors during the installation process becuase the LW script editor didn´t understand the format. So I used the Lscript Master Handler and there it was. Now my question is:

Shall I add all these Kray features from within the "Lscript Master Handler" as in the attached image?
jure wrote:Apparently you are still using old Kray version.
Attachments
RC5 image.jpg
jure

Post by jure »

umm yes... Add those that you need.
- Jure
jaxtone

Post by jaxtone »

Thanks!

I only use the straight "Kray" plugin and skip "Buffers Override Blending QuickLWF and Physical Sky" since it´s almost impossible for a newbie to tell the difference between these when 50% of the render tests is locked by some bug in RC5.

I still would prefer some good video tutorials where the actions and advantages in Kray was displayed in a pedagogic way. I guess the distance from "newbie" to an "up and running producer" would be at least a tenth instead of walking on the dusty old road of white papers... :mrgreen:
jure wrote:umm yes... Add those that you need.
khan973_forum

Post by khan973_forum »

which bugs? it works fine here
jaxtone

Post by jaxtone »

Lucky you!

My problems are similar to these:

http://www.kraytracing.com/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=1735
http://www.kraytracing.com/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=1737
khan973 wrote:which bugs? it works fine here