Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Please post finished works here.
Skyback
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by Skyback » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:35 am

Hello to anyone who will read this post !

I just want to tell you my feedback about Kray that I am using for now something like 6 years and I am still improving the parameters of this powerful tool. Kray help me satisfying my demanding clients whose are always running after time : In fact, I am always working as fast as possible, doing my best to render many pictures with a good ratio Quality/Rendering Time...

Thank you again Kray's developpers !!

---- > Here are some examples of my work :
Attachments
Stand_Winter-Weeks_v005______09.jpg
Stand_Winter-Weeks_v005______08.jpg
Stand_Winter-Weeks_v005______02.jpg
Podium_Cafe-Lancome_Piste-Odette_v007___08.jpg
Podium_Cafe-Lancome_Piste-Odette_v007___03.jpg
Podium_16m2_v008_V1__03.jpg
Plateau-Consultation_NOEL-2016_v001__01.jpg
Boutique_Cognac_v002___09.jpg
Boutique_Cognac_v002___06.jpg
Boutique_Cognac_v002___01.jpg

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4012
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by Janusz Biela » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:48 am

Nice job!
At least one person not weeping.

You need just K3 with NECESSARY features to work smooth with ultra quality in short time. We work on this right now (features)

Skyback
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by Skyback » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:58 am

Thank you Janusz Biela !
How could I cry ? I am sure that I could still improve some parameters (maybe I could show you my actual parameters ?)

I am of course waiting for Kray 3 ^^

Thanks !

Fabien S.

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4012
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by Janusz Biela » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 pm

Simply wait for K3 LW2018 and K3VPR.

K3VPR will be destination engine window: only real time render window.
K3VPR is necessary to add real time post process and real time tone map.
The render window which is now is just temporary solution for beta testing.
There will be no buttons in K3 GUI - only VPR activator and some basic options.
EVERYTHING will be in real time include surface settings, selecting surface from VPR window (like old FPrime)
K3 is so fast so no need "special" tool for seeing surfaces - you will see it under VPR in whole scene.

VPR needs to continue developing: progressive scanning, pixel scanning, special Anti Aliasing balance (in first passes you do not need AA), zooming, PM refresh when you move camera or objects or lights.
Soon we back to VPR when G. finish making special version for LW2018.

User avatar
the3dcie
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:05 am
Location: Annecy, France
Contact:

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by the3dcie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Janusz Biela wrote:Simply wait for K3 LW2018 and K3VPR.

K3VPR will be destination engine window: only real time render window.
K3VPR is necessary to add real time post process and real time tone map.
The render window which is now is just temporary solution for beta testing.
There will be no buttons in K3 GUI - only VPR activator and some basic options.
EVERYTHING will be in real time include surface settings, selecting surface from VPR window (like old FPrime)
K3 is so fast so no need "special" tool for seeing surfaces - you will see it under VPR in whole scene.

VPR needs to continue developing: progressive scanning, pixel scanning, special Anti Aliasing balance (in first passes you do not need AA), zooming, PM refresh when you move camera or objects or lights.
Soon we back to VPR when G. finish making special version for LW2018.
Let's hope LW 2018 won't be mandatory to use Kray 3 in the future as I don't see anything as of now I would want in LW 2018 to justify the upgrade.
I'm cool with LW 2015 and Kray 3 as it stands now.

ZodiaQ
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by ZodiaQ » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:20 am

Skyback wrote:Hello to anyone who will read this post !

I just want to tell you my feedback about Kray that I am using for now something like 6 years and I am still improving the parameters of this powerful tool. Kray help me satisfying my demanding clients whose are always running after time : In fact, I am always working as fast as possible, doing my best to render many pictures with a good ratio Quality/Rendering Time...

Thank you again Kray's developpers !!

---- > Here are some examples of my work :
Thanks for the renders they look great, good to see there still are realy enthousiastic users :D

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4012
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by Janusz Biela » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:23 pm

There will be versions:
- K2 for all old LW
- K3 for LW2015
- K3 for LW2018

G. has no plans to put K2 in LW2018 (too old software and no economical sense)

ZodiaQ
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by ZodiaQ » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Janusz Biela wrote:There will be versions:
- K2 for all old LW
- K3 for LW2015
- K3 for LW2018

G. has no plans to put K2 in LW2018 (too old software and no economical sense)
no K3 for LW 11.6.3 ??

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4012
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by Janusz Biela » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:53 pm

LW11.6.x and LW2015 has the same version of K3 (unified).

thomas
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:59 am

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by thomas » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:17 am

Nice work! What company are you working for, if I may ask?

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4012
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by Janusz Biela » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:14 pm

btw about post process aspects.
G. will prepare also special plugin for K3PostProcess which will contain all these effects from you renders: shine, sparks, bloom, vignette, halogen flares, etc. This will be processing based on internal HDRi image information - so effect will be more accurate and in real time of course.

User avatar
promity
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by promity » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Janusz Biela wrote:btw about post process aspects.
G. will prepare also special plugin for K3PostProcess which will contain all these effects from you renders: shine, sparks, bloom, vignette, halogen flares, etc. This will be processing based on internal HDRi image information - so effect will be more accurate and in real time of course.
Yes! ))

User avatar
vgabex
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:47 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by vgabex » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Janusz Biela wrote:btw about post process aspects.
G. will prepare also special plugin for K3PostProcess which will contain all these effects from you renders: shine, sparks, bloom, vignette, halogen flares, etc. This will be processing based on internal HDRi image information - so effect will be more accurate and in real time of course.
Will this post process thing presetable? I mean if I set everything (exposure, wb, etc), I'd like to save different presets for later use.
Furthermore would be fantastic to be able to load previous renders (K3 would save a special K3 format file containing ALL rendered information), and re-postprocess them.

thomas
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:59 am

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by thomas » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Man, I can't wait to get my hands on this stuff. I've been forced to work with V-ray the past couple of weeks, and I'd love to show the studio some K3 magic soon.

User avatar
Janusz Biela
Posts: 4012
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Using Kray for many years and I love it !

Post by Janusz Biela » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Next week G. goes with his child to last heart surgery. We will have small break. After that he will send me schedule.
Meanwhile I prepare one private fantastic interior scene for K3 features to be ready when we get shader system and new tone map. 8)

Post Reply