Small bump bug

Alexis

Small bump bug

Postby Alexis » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:35 am

Hello,

I found a problem with lightwave 2015 and the rc5. After converting obj file to lwo, there were normal map texture in the bump channel. Rc5 crash lightwave simply by launching the rendering.

By removing the normal map it works again.

Rc5 is really slow with a lot of polygon in the scene. I test on a complete outdoor architexture picture (vegetation, object, character ...), 35 million polygon.
After starting the rendering, it happens 4 min with only the open rc5 rendering window without text in the log before the rendering starts.

The same scene with only the building, the rendering is instantaneous!

Janusz Biela

Re: Small bump bug

Postby Janusz Biela » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Alexis wrote:Hello,

I found a problem with lightwave 2015 and the rc5. After converting obj file to lwo, there were normal map texture in the bump channel. Rc5 crash lightwave simply by launching the rendering.

By removing the normal map it works again.

Can you make basic scene with this (low poly) ready for crash? You can post here.

Alexis wrote:Rc5 is really slow with a lot of polygon in the scene. I test on a complete outdoor architexture picture (vegetation, object, character ...), 35 million polygon.
After starting the rendering, it happens 4 min with only the open rc5 rendering window without text in the log before the rendering starts.

The same scene with only the building, the rendering is instantaneous!

This is new memory manager which make renders...faster. Your feeling about slow rendering is based on start render not on the whole score :)
New memory block management much better optimize whole scene and gives huge boost during rendering. We lose 1-4%
and gain maybe 20-80%. You must remember that using PM+QMC in huge exteriors has no sense. I suggest use pure Path Tracing like everybody, is really fast.
If still you want use PM+QMC you must remember to change GI resolution. For interiors is 0.3 m but for exteriors can be 1-5 m.

Return to “Bug report”