Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
Alexis

Re: Problem after first render

Post by Alexis »

RAM memory is not full ?
ideart

Post by ideart »

No it is not, in my current wip scene only 8gb from total 24gb is used by render but I have the same problem and it's getting very very counterproductive.
sotto3d.com
jnom

Post by jnom »

Janusz Biela wrote:Ok thx!
I noticed also something strange. I switched now to 2.55 and speed is good. Because I used 2.55 long time and it was not problem then I suspect bug in last Kray.
I will post this to G.

So there's big bug in latest kray?
ideart

Post by ideart »

During the second in a row render the program is on the verge of crashing, hitting escape manages to cancel the render after a couple of minutes. I even tried different settings simple raytracing included for the second render but problem persists.
sotto3d.com
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

mmm noticing the same problem here lately (2.56)
Sometimes it flies through calculating prep photon maps and global PM while other times it's almost stuck.
And it's not with every scene and not every time, seems quite random...
switching back to 2.55 for now as that seems to fix the problem
brownie

Post by brownie »

I'm fighting against such a problem for about 2 weeks.
My scene is quite heavy with lots of plants. Partly because of laziness I've first used a high recurse value.

The render only stops (I mean stop not crash) with high resolution.

Now I reimport each object one by one, and I 'm about to import the last one. Now I use Clipmap instead of transparency. Until that it works, so I cross my fingers for the last object.

No problem of Ram, nor objet quality.
ideart

Post by ideart »

Rolled back to 2.55 same problem.
I noticed that even when a scene renders fine still this problem appear if I make i.e a surface change.
After that even if I undo the change the problem persists. Also if I don't restart LW and load a different scene I have the same problem.
I even test it in another pc with the same results.
I also have tried Janusz's setups with the same results.
Same with override surfaces.
After I hit the X button in the kray render panel it takes several minutes for LW to recover.
What's up with this problem? Is it just me? Is someone watching this? Am I in the wrong section? Cause it's been several months.
Attachments
Kray_Ptoblem.jpg
sotto3d.com
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

I have issues as well, with 2.55 as well as with 2.56.
At moments with some (heavy?) scenes global PM calculating slows to a crawl every now and then, mostly I am able to stop rendering (allthough it takes some time for Kray to respond) and sometimes after scene saving it's ok again, but sometimes if I try to reload scene LW crashes.
With freshly loaded scene everything is fine and some scenes don't seem to have this problem ever.
I sometimes suspect scenes with heavy instancing (with kray autoparts?) but I'm not sure.
Either way it's often frustrating :(
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I sent to G. some tests scenes with this problem. It appear when scene is heavy with many Instances - I noticed slow Photon calculations (~3-5 times slower) and of course slower render (sometimes almost twice longer).
Helps only delete instances - not reducing!
ideart

Post by ideart »

No instances here and i have 100 or more times slower.
Can I send somewhere a problematic scene?
sotto3d.com
ideart

Post by ideart »

Have been doing tests and strange things are happening.
I deleted about 10 objects and the scene was rendering fine.
So I loaded again the original scene with the 10 objects that I have deleted and is rendering also fine (at least for now).
It seems quite random.
sotto3d.com
ideart

Post by ideart »

I make some minor random change in a surface, or add an object and again problem.
I make a new scene and I am adding the objects one by on with a plane diffuse surface and problem again.
I cannot work with Kray anymore.
sotto3d.com
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Yes bug is annoying when scene is big.
G. check this now and perhaps will be next week update. Also, will be new info about K3 (G. close last parts in K3 engine and soon will be Kray3.p beta for LW)
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

u mean G! is finish new luminosity system . its done and soon beta start janusz ?
gtanski
Site Admin

Post by gtanski »

Hi Everyone,

It looks like 2 separate problems here. One slow down related to instances and another slow down when rendering same scene more than once. Simple scenes (the simpler the better) that ilustrates both issues are needed. I've got examples of instancing problem, but more examples like that can be also helpful.

Small progress update. I'm now back to 2.x issues and want to make hopefully last 2.x update. Kray 3.x beta for developers is almost ready to release. That means all planned core features are done and developers (3rd party software interfaces) can start testing, but not all features are connected to LightWave version yet.