Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
inakito
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby inakito » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:35 pm

I just purchased kray and I think the videos are great!!!
Thanks for that.

jure
Posts: 2216
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby jure » Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

I have published a new batch of video tutorials this time dealing with Photon tab. I recorded them with voice this time. It's my first time doing tutorial with live voice so I hope they are not too bad.

Please let me know if you like them or not or have any other suggestions.

Link to tutorials
- Jure

geo_n
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 3:01 pm
Location: jpn

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby geo_n » Mon May 03, 2010 10:20 am

I just watched the new vids.
Very very nice and the voice commentary makes everything clear. I didn't even understand some settings in the manual and this makes it very clear with practical samples.
Btw about those low,high, steps settings. Since you say they shouldn't be touched at all then maybe its better for kray to remove those setting from the user. Making such setting transparent to users would make it more userfriendly. I don't think vray has an equivalent of those settings and I dont think people will miss it.
Also the power settings. I always thought that its best to keep it from .5 to 1.0.

jure
Posts: 2216
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby jure » Mon May 03, 2010 10:25 am

geo_n wrote:I just watched the new vids.
Very very nice and the voice commentary makes everything clear. I didn't even understand some settings in the manual and this makes it very clear with practical samples.
Btw about those low,high, steps settings. Since you say they shouldn't be touched at all then maybe its better for kray to remove those setting from the user. Making such setting transparent to users would make it more userfriendly. I don't think vray has an equivalent of those settings and I dont think people will miss it.
Also the power settings. I always thought that its best to keep it from .5 to 1.0.


Thanks... Well yea I agree about removing those settings. And we will do so for the next Kray upgrade where the interface will be rewritten in a more stable code and cleaned up of the "unnecessary" settings.

0.5 - 1.0 is fine as long as it looks good to you. You should be aware though that by setting it to 0.5 then you will be loosing some of the bounced light. Now if you have a very bright scene than this may be desirable otherwise not... So use whatever works best for you.
- Jure

geo_n
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 3:01 pm
Location: jpn

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby geo_n » Mon May 03, 2010 10:32 am

Any chance the general tab video will get some voice commentary? :P
I'm sure there's a lot of tricks,settings I don't know regarding the diffuse model and gi mode. :lol:
It was hard to follow the text balloons. :wink:
Looking forward to the next vids. Thanks again for doing these.

jure
Posts: 2216
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby jure » Mon May 03, 2010 1:04 pm

geo_n wrote:Any chance the general tab video will get some voice commentary? :P
I'm sure there's a lot of tricks,settings I don't know regarding the diffuse model and gi mode. :lol:
It was hard to follow the text balloons. :wink:
Looking forward to the next vids. Thanks again for doing these.


Yea I guess I can redo it later.
- Jure

dee
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:33 pm

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby dee » Mon May 10, 2010 1:41 pm

I watched the new tutorials, I like them, simple and clear. And I like the little tips you gave. Hope to see the FG tuts soon. :wink:

Thanks Jure, well done!

azman_821009
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:54 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contact:

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby azman_821009 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:09 am

Hi everybody,

I can't go to the link above ('http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/Tutorials'). It shown something like error as below


'MediaWiki internal error.

Exception caught inside exception handler'



Hope some of you guys can help me to solve this problem. Really need to watch the video tutorial from this link.

Thanks. :(

Azmen

jure
Posts: 2216
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby jure » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:33 am

azman_821009 wrote:Hi everybody,

I can't go to the link above ('http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/Tutorials'). It shown something like error as below


'MediaWiki internal error.

Exception caught inside exception handler'



Hope some of you guys can help me to solve this problem. Really need to watch the video tutorial from this link.

Thanks. :(

Azmen


What browser/OS are you using? Try logging out of your account and try again... If it doesn't work please send me the full error msg.
- Jure

Mario
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:42 pm

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby Mario » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:56 pm

I saw a video tutorial made by keraresi abdelarim.
Is this guy present here?
Thanx!

azman_821009
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:54 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contact:

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby azman_821009 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Mario wrote:I saw a video tutorial made by keraresi abdelarim.
Is this guy present here?
Thanx!


What kind of tutorial have you found? Could you give the link of that tutorial? Thanks. :)

jure
Posts: 2216
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Postby jure » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:57 am

- Jure


Return to “Help and Tutorials”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest