baker

General disscusion about Kray
tiktane358

baker

Post by tiktane358 »

I tried to bake with 1.7 and I have white lines in the baked texture around my UVs that are visible when mapped. Any idea ?

I have a whish for 1.7+ : I would like in the baker panel to choose a camera when selecting UVs and objects so we can have 512, 1024 camera ready and choose good one.
And a second one is that baker would be presented as a list : (in a seperate panel)
first line this object, this UV this camera
second one another object another uV and same camera for example.
with a checkmark for rendering or not a UV.
So we can go to bed when rendering....
Mario

Post by Mario »

Any chance you develop something like in Lightscape, where once light calculation was finished it was automaticly stored ("baked") into mesh of the scene?
This way you had to process the scene one time for light calculation and then just RayTrace frames wich takes very small amount of time, wich is ideal for making animations.
tajino

Post by tajino »

About the white lines, with 1.7, when baking you should turn off pixel filter, set it to box mode with 0 radius. that should do it. Hopefully G. will have us a fix soon.
tiktane358

Post by tiktane358 »

thanks tajino, that's ok now !
poor G. he's going to be overbooked for years !
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

Mario wrote:Any chance you develop something like in Lightscape, where once light calculation was finished it was automaticly stored ("baked") into mesh of the scene?
This way you had to process the scene one time for light calculation and then just RayTrace frames wich takes very small amount of time, wich is ideal for making animations.
it's already in kray, called Shared GI file, better than in Lightscape even, because it does not have to create geometry (submesh) for this.
Mario

Post by Mario »

:shock:
Somehow I dont belive what youre saying?!
And youre saying that even Vray doesnt have this option?!
Can you explain what the Shared GI is and what it does?
pixym

Post by pixym »

Tajino,

Are you happy with kray (I think yes imho), I have just placed my order, and I am waiting for the link to download kray.
I hope to be able to make an animation on a big project in a short time.
Best
Eddy MARILLAT
PIXYM
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Mario wrote::shock:
Somehow I dont belive what youre saying?!
And youre saying that even Vray doesnt have this option?!
Can you explain what the Shared GI is and what it does?
Vray have this option. the option to save GI to a file is something we have complained about for years in lightwave to no avail. Basically it means Kray (vray /mentalray fill in the rest here) shoot it's photons,calculates it's irradiancemaps and saves that result to a file. After it have been saved it can be loaded and used again for another camera angle or even updated if something have changed that affects globalillumination in some way.
pixym

Post by pixym »

Johan, what about the experimental kray.exe that work only with Butterfly Net Render? Does it work with this shared GI mode, If yes, I have to buy BNR at once...
Eddy MARILLAT
PIXYM
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Hold your horses Eddie and bear in mind that Kray.exe is experimental. We dont sell it yet and we dont even call it alpha at this stadium. The normal plugin is very fast though and on an fast machine it's possibel to get about 5 minutes per videoframe.
jure

Post by jure »

Yes the biggest problem with kray.exe for now is that it has no ability to read LW plugins because the access to LW is very limited.

In future versions however we would like to develop complete network rendering solution with as much integration as possible.
- Jure
pixym

Post by pixym »

Thanks guys

I will make some tries with Kray until kray.exe is available...
Eddy MARILLAT
PIXYM
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

oh... i found one of your old scenes here Eddie. Would it be ok if i do some tests now with 1.7 and post images from that test later?
Mario

Post by Mario »

jure wrote:Yes the biggest problem with kray.exe for now is that it has no ability to read LW plugins because the access to LW is very limited.
So when rendering using Kray, its only Kray ( cant use G2, or some other plugs for shaders)?
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

right! and no procedurals either since that's lw specific librarys.