glass surface

General disscusion about Kray
cheneva

glass surface

Post by cheneva »

hello ,someone can tell me how to set galss surface for this pic galss surface?it looks very good! but my glass surface is not good......
thanks
http://www.kraytracing.com/image.php?di ... l00001.JPG
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

I think your misstake have been that in lightwave you have to do a glassurface in two steps. One outside that is refractive and one inside that normalises the refractions. There is huge amounts of info of how to do glas in Lightwave so im not gonna comment that more here. In kray though you only need one solid object or surface since kray can judge for it self when a ray enters or leaves a refractive/transparent material.
cheneva

Post by cheneva »

Silverlw wrote:I think your misstake have been that in lightwave you have to do a glassurface in two steps. One outside that is refractive and one inside that normalises the refractions. There is huge amounts of info of how to do glas in Lightwave so im not gonna comment that more here. In kray though you only need one solid object or surface since kray can judge for it self when a ray enters or leaves a refractive/transparent material.
wow! yes I make two side for glass objects,thanks for help ,I go to do some galss test!
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

here is the glasobjects with one glassurface only. The drinkingglas uses the same material as the balls. Kray understands automaticly what is the drinkingglas outside and what is it's inside and do refractions correctly.
Attachments
Macette.jpg
Macette.jpg (34.67 KiB) Viewed 3265 times
cheneva

Post by cheneva »

can you help me to set glass surface setting?
my surface is all ways soft,It looks not good,because I not is for art subject.......only computer subject ,so my pic all ways not good.......
great thanks for Silverlw!!
Attachments
red.zip
(6.64 KiB) Downloaded 275 times