/ Z-buffers, Output file / a few questions

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
qbaqbaKRAY

/ Z-buffers, Output file / a few questions

Post by qbaqbaKRAY »

Hello all :D
1. Is it possible that render not to override on the previous one, but add next number when we are rendering single frame to the file?
2. Could we render to the file, but with additional showing render in the standard frame?
3. Z-buffer – how to extend area between dof target and completely blur area? I have rapid change between sharp area and blur one.
4. Z-buffer – is it possible to create only render Z-buffer mask without final rendering RGB?

I hope you understood even half of it, because of my rough English :roll:
If not please let me know I try to explain what I meant.

Be grateful for some help.
Qba
jure

Re: / Z-buffers, Output file / a few questions

Post by jure »

qbaqbaKRAY wrote:Hello all :D
1. Is it possible that render not to override on the previous one, but add next number when we are rendering single frame to the file?
It's possible to use variable in file name such as time stamp:
for example: myrender_%now%.png
More commands can be found on wiki.
qbaqbaKRAY wrote:2. Could we render to the file, but with additional showing render in the standard frame?
Yes. Add this command to Kray header commands: outputtolw 1;
qbaqbaKRAY wrote:3. Z-buffer – how to extend area between dof target and completely blur area? I have rapid change between sharp area and blur one.
Try changin clip back distance in Z buffer (-1 means infinity).
qbaqbaKRAY wrote:4. Z-buffer – is it possible to create only render Z-buffer mask without final rendering RGB?
Yes. In Buffers pallete only check Zbuffer, disable all other outputs.
- Jure
qbaqbaKRAY

Post by qbaqbaKRAY »

Jure,

Many, many thanks for your answer, it would help me a lot :D
qbaqbaKRAY

Post by qbaqbaKRAY »

Hi,
I was tested command output file:" myrender_%now%.png.
Probably I do something wrong when I write command in the path "output file" because it doesn't work. I'm wondering if it could be system fault - it not working on PC (new frame is overriden not add to previous one), but everything seems to be fine on MAC...

Regards
Qba
jure

Post by jure »

qbaqbaKRAY wrote:Hi,
I was tested command output file:" myrender_%now%.png.
Probably I do something wrong when I write command in the path "output file" because it doesn't work. I'm wondering if it could be system fault - it not working on PC (new frame is overriden not add to previous one), but everything seems to be fine on MAC...

Regards
Qba
Thanks, we will check it. You can use %ptime% instead...
- Jure
qbaqbaKRAY

Post by qbaqbaKRAY »

Hi,
These parameter %ptime% doesn't work (frame is overriden) on PC :(, but I've done other test with - %time% and is working, I mean I get different files with different render time, not with numbers in order. Is it possible to get file's name with next number automatically or file's name with an hour of create?

Thanks a lot for help
Qba
jure

Post by jure »

qbaqbaKRAY wrote:Hi,
These parameter %ptime% doesn't work (frame is overriden) on PC :(, but I've done other test with - %time% and is working, I mean I get different files with different render time, not with numbers in order. Is it possible to get file's name with next number automatically or file's name with an hour of create?

Thanks a lot for help
Qba
There is no command to prevent overwrite on single frame right now. Maybe you know how to use lscript? If yes then it should be possible for you to write a script that checks if file already exist...
- Jure
qbaqbaKRAY

Post by qbaqbaKRAY »

Hi Jure,
What a pity that there is no command to prevent overwrite, because I don't know script :(, but I've already managed with it :D

Thanks again
Qba