ob8 render time

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
geo_n

ob8 render time

Post by geo_n »

Is it me or did the render time increase with ob8? from 45-55 min my render is now 105-110min.
jure

Post by jure »

From our tests render times were slightly quicker. Although you might have found something weird so it'd be great if you could try rerendering it in OB7 to be sure.
- Jure
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

This may be the same problem I had, since OB7 (correct me if I'm wrong) nodes were skipped if you had them on, but in OB8 they are not skipped (partly working nodes, some basic stuff), so if you have any nodes checked or on use, this might be the reason for slower rendering...
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Ok rerendered it twice on 0b7 and 0b8 and same results. Seems to slow down on translucent materials in ob8 and I have a few objects with translucent materials. no nodes in my scene, too. I'll do a test render on a different project that doesn't have translucenty materials. I hope its just a glitch because the render time is significant, test renders of 8 min now 12 min and high settingl render of 50min become 70min.
sat

Post by sat »

I have rerendered a scene with OB8 and to me it seems to be slower, too, in contrast to OB7. Could it be caused by old OB7 scene settings. There are no nodes or translucent surfaces in the scene.
jure

Post by jure »

If you can provide us with a scene that renders slower it'd be great...
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

SaT - atleast its not only me. Do you have many lights? I have 6 spotlights and some lumi objects and translucent objects.

jure- I can send you the scene in private. Which contact info?
sat

Post by sat »

SaT - atleast its not only me. Do you have many lights? I have 6 spotlights and some lumi objects and translucent objects.
Hi geo_n, I am using only one area light and Sunsky. No lumi or translucent objects, but transparent and reflective surfaces.
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Any update on my email? I did a few tests again on other scenes. Seems to slow down on bump maps, too.
jure

Post by jure »

Yes, we're looking into it... We hope to find solution for next release...
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Ok. I thought it was just a fluke on my part.