Saving to JPEG

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
dballesg_forum

Saving to JPEG

Post by dballesg_forum »

hi,

How you can make Kray to save the render to a jpeg directly instead to png or so?

I searched on the forum, but I couldn't find any reference on how to do it, except for the comment on the latest beta saying that jpeg saving was fixed.

David
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

I think it's upcoming feature in the next release or something... Just keep waiting!
erwin zwart

Re: Saving to JPEG

Post by erwin zwart »

can you try readding kray.ls? I think it should be there in OB6.5
dballesg_forum

Post by dballesg_forum »

Hi,

I looked to the kray.ls and I couldn't find anything about jpeg. I saw the line where declares the saving formats and it is not there.

Why Grzegorz doesn't use the Image I/O mechanism on LW so Kray we can use all the format that LW can? I think it is doable.

That will alllow to save on .exr format for example if someone has the OpenEXR plugin from LightWolf.

David
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Here is latest kray.ls so you get save jpg functionality.
Attachments
Kray.ls.rar
(19.17 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

dballesg wrote: Why Grzegorz doesn't use the Image I/O mechanism on LW so Kray we can use all the format that LW can? I think it is doable.

That will alllow to save on .exr format for example if someone has the OpenEXR plugin from LightWolf.

David
strange enough I can do exactly that when rendering with VirtualRender, this gets 96bit image from kray and saves it with any of the LW image savers. Funny enough that is "limited" to 2GB maximum (also in LW64) that results in a 16000x11000 HDR or EXR , large enough for most of us ;)
TrueArt Support

Post by TrueArt Support »

VirtualRender http://virtualrender.trueart.eu
Run Kray on your renderfarm in super hi-res!
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

TrueArt Support wrote:NewTek fixed this limitation
https://secure.newtek.com/FogBugz/defau ... 7_JYGZIKGM
now the sky is the limit!!! Good to know for when I want to render a highway billboard in 300dpi in kray on Virtualrender ;)