cannot load external plug-in Kray.p??

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
keeejreeej

cannot load external plug-in Kray.p??

Post by keeejreeej »

Strange, I've tried to test Kray at home using exact same LW installation (even copying CFG files, of course using same dir structure) but LW won't let me add the Kray plugin. Lscript no problem, but Kray.p give error message "cannot load external plug-in kray.p...". Already tried the googled solutions (http://www.newtek.com/faq/index.php?pri ... estion=152) but that didn't work (or I didn't perform it well).
Also deleted all CFG's and let LW create new ones, and scan for all plugins, nu luck so far....??
Btw, all other plugins seem to load fine. I've added quite a few manually without any problem.
Haven't tried disabling DEP at home (at office it's disabled)
Both systems WinXP Pro SP2 32
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

And youre using correct version of plugin to corresponding version of LW?
What is DEP ?
keeejreeej

Post by keeejreeej »

Yes same version 32bits.
DEP = Data execution prevention, having a good AV and Firewall, we have disabled this at office to avoid any kind of problems. At home however I still have it activated (default), but I doubt this could be the cause.
KrayOB6.1 btw
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

"it coult be a cause.... try to unplug your network connection and then disable internal FW. I will check with G exatly how Kray/lw communicates."

Talked to G and there is no longer any communication whatsoever through network. Check that you use correct plugin for your version of Lw.
keeejreeej

Post by keeejreeej »

I have no network at home, and I have disabled Windows Fw but still unable to add Kray.p....
I've tried to add the new OB6.5 with the "add plugin" command (add only one plugin) it returns error message "Plugins where not found or could not be added" ???
Very strange that all the other plugins seem to install without any problem .. clueless..
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Try with this Lscriptfile together with your Kray.p for your particular version of LW. Be sure Lscript is under \Plugins\lscripts
Attachments
Kray.ls.rar
(19.17 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
keeejreeej

Post by keeejreeej »

no luck ....
Gonna try a LW (9.3.1 btw) re-install
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

"KrayOB6.1 btw" why? download 6.5 wich should be much more stable.
keeejreeej

Post by keeejreeej »

Did a complete 9.3.1 re-install, and all plugins install nicely except for Kray.p ??
Already tried OB6.5, makes no difference either. Must be something related to my XP install i guess? But no idea what could cause this (vistamizer maybe??).
Last edited by keeejreeej on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Ok so you run xp32/LW 9.3.1/Kray.p for Lightwave 9.2+ right now and still doesnt work?
Is there anyone else here on the forum running this configuration that have these problems/no problems?
keeejreeej

Post by keeejreeej »

Silverlw wrote:Ok so you run xp32/LW 9.3.1/Kray.p for Lightwave 9.2+ right now and still doesnt work?
Right.

Have had it running on this machine, but on previous XP install and with different LW version. Gonna try other LW/Kray versions and report back.
keeejreeej

Post by keeejreeej »

After some testing :
Tried next combo's

LW8.0 + Kray OB2 -> ok
LW9.0 + Kray OB2 -> ok
LW9.0 + Kray OB6.5 -> unable to load kray.p!
LW9.2 + Kray OB2 -> ok
LW9.2 + Kray OB6.1 -> unable to load kray.p!
LW9.2 + Kray OB6.5 -> unable to load kray.p!
LW9.3.1 + Kray OB2 -> ok
LW9.3.1 + Kray OB 6.1 -> unable to load kray.p!
LW9.3.1 + Kray OB 6.5 -> unable to load kray.p!

can't find any explanation....
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Are you using the correct corresponding Kray.p for the lightwave version you use? Youre aware of that there is one 32bit Kray for LW7.x 8.x 9.0 and another one for lw9.2+ ? (win32/win64)
keeejreeej

Post by keeejreeej »

Yes. I use same plugin on same XP version at office. So I am sure I am using the corresponding kray.p and lscript. In my case it's win32 LW9.2+
TrueArt Support

Post by TrueArt Support »

Failing to load means that your computer is not able to LoadLibrary() in Windows.. There is a couple reasons - wrong (too old) CPU like Pentium 4 or Athlon XP without SSE2 and plug-in compiled for SSE2.. or tring to load 32 bit plug-in on 64 bit LW, or 64 bit plug-in on 32 bit LW..

What are your machines apecs?
VirtualRender http://virtualrender.trueart.eu
Run Kray on your renderfarm in super hi-res!