How to raise octree depth?

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
Pheidian

How to raise octree depth?

Post by Pheidian »

Problem: Making an exterior scene with few trees and buildings (quite high poly) so it says I must raise the octree depth...

How can I do this (I found one setting under quality, with the octree setup defaults to 20, raised this to 100, still the same...)
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

When Kray warns about low Octree depth it's just means it aint optimal for the particular scene and wishes a higher octree dept. It's not an error saying fix this or i wount render. If the octree really is way to low it will impact speed quite allot and you clearly notice it since some detailed (highpoly) objects will take forever to render but everything else renders fast as usual.
jure

Post by jure »

20 is definitely to low default preset. I'd make it 60 or so... I used up to octree 150 but even then Kray complains about it being to low... So don't worry about it too much, try a few settings and see which one renders the fastest for you...
- Jure
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

Ok, never mind of that. I've got quite heavy scene in my layout (which renders fine with Fprime and native), but my Kray crashes the layout all the time I try to render this...

I don't have a clue what is wrong, maybe running out of memory or something (rendering quite big resolution too... not huge though).
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

The higher octree the more memory it allocates so try first with standard 20.