VirtualRender

General disscusion about Kray
TrueArt Support

Post by TrueArt Support »

As I said in that thread, please send me complete scene setups with images for test rendering in renderfarm with VirtualRender and the latest Kray.. :)

I am rendering right now this scene: Image

VirtualRender http://virtualrender.trueart.eu
can resume previously stopped or crashed for any reason ;) rendering.. You loose only time spend on loading scene to Layout (yes, no need to have renderfarm!) or render nodes..
And what was rendered already, ready regions, remain on disk!
It's useful thing - you have one machine, render when you're outside or busy other not computer related things, and stop rendering still or animation, when you want to use computer without slow downs.

I have feeling that rendering Kray in VirtualRender is little faster than regular Kray. Current theory for this is that rendered region is whole in CPU cache L2 memory.
walfridson

Post by walfridson »

wow... :o
very nice
skype walfridson
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

JOYGASM :shock:
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Sensei: just a thought of mine, will it be possible to use Virtualrender on different machines on the internet? Can i let you borrow my machine to help you render your scenes by just having a small service installed on my machine or how is it supposed to work?
TrueArt Support

Yes, but in VirtualRender v2.0 that will have built-in render controller..
VirtualRender with Kray render engine support will have version 1.5.

Work on built-in render controller is quite advanced
http://www2.trueart.pl/Products/Plug-In ... ller_4.png
To have machine outside of LAN, render controller must use "Add Machine", and specify its IP address and port (and that machine must be in active mode - public IP address with firewall set to allowing opening local port). Otherwise, in render node options you can specify public IP and port of server-render controller, also by name. So f.e. lending rendering machine would be entering f.e. render.trueart.pl:10000..
walfridson

Post by walfridson »

This will be a veeery nice addition to kray :)
skype walfridson
mav3rick

Post by mav3rick »

Direwolf wrote:Just hope this doesn't stop Kray from developping it's own networkrender (as promised). Since VirtualRender costs approx. $300,-

sine vr will not be just kray limited i am sure 300$ will be nothin compared to what you get as the final product.
Captain Obvious

So, just to make sure I'm not confused... Would I be able to render Kray via VirtualRender via BNR?
TrueArt Support

Captain Obvious wrote:So, just to make sure I'm not confused... Would I be able to render Kray via VirtualRender via BNR?
Yes.
Captain Obvious

AWESOME!
phile_forum

Post by phile_forum »

Captain Obvious wrote:So, just to make sure I'm not confused... Would I be able to render Kray via VirtualRender via BNR?
Taking that one step further, if one of my render boxes is, say, a quad-core, will I need to allocate each core to a separate BNR/VirtualRender render node, or will just one node make use of all four cores?
Planet Indifferent - CGI by Phil Emery
http://www.planetindifferent.co.uk
TrueArt Support

phile wrote:
Taking that one step further, if one of my render boxes is, say, a quad-core, will I need to allocate each core to a separate BNR/VirtualRender render node, or will just one node make use of all four cores?
If you don't have volumetrics in scene one rendering node is fine for whole quad-core machine.
If you have volumetrics, due to bug inside of LWSDK, one rendering node per one thread is needed (and setting Threads 1 in Kray command line). It was reported to NewTek, so maybe they will fix it quickly, which such detailed explanation as I gave them..
phile_forum

Post by phile_forum »

TrueArt Support wrote:If you don't have volumetrics in scene one rendering node is fine for whole quad-core machine.
That's me sorted. Where do I send the money? :)

Phil
Planet Indifferent - CGI by Phil Emery
http://www.planetindifferent.co.uk
TrueArt Support

phile wrote:
TrueArt Support wrote:If you don't have volumetrics in scene one rendering node is fine for whole quad-core machine.
That's me sorted. Where do I send the money? :)

Phil
Do you have Windows? Then go to VirtualRender website http://virtualrender.trueart.eu and press Order. And ask gtanski for the latest Kray for beta-testing in renderfarms/VR.
Haven1000

Post by Haven1000 »

TrueArt Support wrote:Do you have Windows?.
What the likelihood of VR making it to the Mac?
"Place your vote now for the Kraydar pixel filter"