Problem with memory

General disscusion about Kray
direwolf

Post by direwolf »

Idd, i got no error.

So it must be one of your textures or a shader/node. I saw you had IFW_noise in there.
Are you sure that's not bugging you?
peter carl

Post by peter carl »

I dont use LWCAD. I only use Archicad and export to 3ds.
I use Lightwave to render only. Do you suggest that I use LWCAD?

Peter
direwolf

Post by direwolf »

Although it is very nice for achviz-ersm i merely meant you need to clean up your model. Merge points, delete 0 points polys, delete 1 and 2 point polys. See if you can flatten non-copalar polys or try and triple them. Delete empty layers and uv-maps, etc.

All to give you a clean model, so you end up with no errors during the renders and save you a lot of postrender-work.
Some non-copalar polys end up with 1 transparant triangle. Lot of photoshop work to do there.

Al lot is explained in the working kray-manual in the open-beta section of this forum.
vpii

Post by vpii »

For what it is worth in the scene where I had glass I took out the the scene then it rendered fine. Also If I shifted the glass to the right or left about a foot it rendered fine also. More or less I am more confused now then I was before in what is causing the 1/2 black image.
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

VpII: I pretty sure it got nothing what so ever to do with your glas. This bug have been around for a while and is acting random. By using dither simple;
you wount experience it since it will use old code for dithering the image.
G is trying to nail this one and i whip him until he succeds :D
vpii

Post by vpii »

Yes you are right, very random thing to find out what is causing it. I am back on OB2, but reall liked the speed increase of OB3 and it never crashed on me at all. Where I get some crashes with OB2. Looking forward to the future.