Uv Texture Bug?

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
except

Uv Texture Bug?

Post by except »

I have an image here in which some hedges are mapped to planes. There's a color, transparency and a bump map on them. As you can see, the hedge has all these swirling white areas. Has anyone encountered this before?
I tried recreating the coordinates, but that didn't help. They used to be SDS surfaces, and then I froze them to see if that helped: nop.
I'm on a slow laptop so testing this is very tedious. Help would be appreciated.
Attachments
detail.jpg
detail.jpg (124.1 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
Pavlov

Post by Pavlov »

hi,
try these:
- check for doubled geometry, make a merge points and a Unify polys then. It really looks like there are two planes overlapping there.
- regarding uvs, try ripping off bump before; then try to select all geometry *into UV window* and cutit. any floating point remained there should be ripped from UV. Then, paste geometry.

Otherwise, never got that thing. which release are you using ?

Paolo
phile_forum

Post by phile_forum »

Are you using instances? The current OB has a bug whereby instances of an object appear to "share" the UV space - in other words it gets spread across all the instances instead of being instantiated itself.

Phil
Planet Indifferent - CGI by Phil Emery
http://www.planetindifferent.co.uk
except

Post by except »

- There's no illegal / double geometry or stray points
- Instances are not being used

What might be the case is that there are two uv maps on two different pieces of geometry in the same layer. While this should not be a problem, it might be what kray is choking on. Let me check that.
except

Post by except »

I got it solved.
Kray did not honour the dissolve of another object occupying the same space, causing overlap.
Is this a bug or an unsupported feature?
Pavlov

Post by Pavlov »

Hi Tom,
dont remember this... it's very probablt that it's a Kray limitation.
Maybe just use unseen by camera & rays for this.
which release are you using exaclty ?

bye
Paolo
except

Post by except »

I'm using OB2.