Kray 1.7+ LW 9.2 and future features.

General disscusion about Kray
intuition

Kray 1.7+ LW 9.2 and future features.

Post by intuition »

Hey guys, just wanted to get a thread going about Kray's possible upcoming features. I use Kray 1.7 when I can but at work I am mostly restricted to network rendering.

I know Jure and Silver have commented on network rendering being a future possibility but I also would like to know if its possible that Kray could be made to see many of the new material nodes in 9.2+ in the future?

I have people at EdenFX excited about Kray but the "does it have a network renderer" question kills the excitement.

Anyways, keep up the good work. You have a great engine going here that can be a staple in Lightwave's render engine options.

I guess I just wanted to see a projection on Kray's possibilities are for 2007-2008.
jure

Re: Kray 1.7+ LW 9.2 and future features.

Post by jure »

Intuition wrote: I know Jure and Silver have commented on network rendering being a future possibility but I also would like to know if its possible that Kray could be made to see many of the new material nodes in 9.2+ in the future?
Yes. :)
Intuition wrote: I have people at EdenFX excited about Kray but the "does it have a network renderer" question kills the excitement.
I know! :(
It'll have to wait a bit till 1.7 is released. After that network rendering will be worked on heavily.
Intuition wrote: Anyways, keep up the good work. You have a great engine going here that can be a staple in Lightwave's render engine options.
Thanks! We all hope so!
Intuition wrote: I guess I just wanted to see a projection on Kray's possibilities are for 2007-2008.
Yes the plans are big. Better integration, even faster rendering, stability, better memory management, distributed rendering and many other things users have expressed wish for. I know we all want this renderer to be one of the best out there. The best thing you can do right now is spread the word and create some nice renders that will promote Kray... This will start the wheel rolling and G. will be able to get couple of more people to help him... The future is bright! :)[/quote]
- Jure
pixym

Post by pixym »

"distributed rendering" is my favorite...
Eddy MARILLAT
PIXYM
_mats_

Post by _mats_ »

totally, I second distributed rendering :), and mac/pc compatibility with render nodes ;)

Matt -
erwin zwart

Post by erwin zwart »

_mats_ wrote:totally, I second distributed rendering :), and mac/pc compatibility with render nodes ;)

Matt -
me too! I have 75 PC's waiting for a good GI farm solution. An unknown number of Macs too.