Ok fine

General disscusion about Kray
juli51_forum

Ok fine

Post by juli51_forum »

Thanks Jure for your advice, but it seems Kray wants me to suffer a bit more...

I still haven't succes with trees instances, It worked with some one layer low poli objects, but it krashes when I try to do it with one layer big trees,.. in obects with layers I foud this extrange simbol "|" in my mac keyboard, but it just render all the scene but not the null....

By the way,.. clip maps in transparency channel doesn't seems to work. is there a Kray feature, or am I just doing something wrong?

I post here the subject....
Attachments
kray_render00000.jpg
kray_render00000.jpg (156.98 KiB) Viewed 2949 times
juli51_forum

Upps

Post by juli51_forum »

Upps,.. I created a new tread instead answering the original one,.. :shock:
Sorry I will aniway post a new proble I got rendering a scene, maybe there is somebody wich can help::. it's just an error rendering. Kray says it can't save the object,...I post the images of the problem
Attachments
Imagen 3.jpg
Imagen 3.jpg (15.94 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
juli51_forum

second image

Post by juli51_forum »

second image
Attachments
Imagen 4.jpg
Imagen 4.jpg (22.48 KiB) Viewed 2873 times
NiGMa

Post by NiGMa »

Trees work instanced. I have used it for a larger job, biggest tree poly wise was about 160,000 polys, kray instanced it really well, the only problem I ran into was this weird black surface bug. Whenever i rendered the first frame in an animation it would look fine but then in ALL the following frames any object that had a "clip map"(the one you set on object properties) would go black. I couldn't figure it out for ages, it was SO annoying. but I found out that it was the clip map, so i just used the transparency channel on the object surface and that worked flawlessly, they were UV's too, and I've heard there are a few problems with those.
jure

Post by jure »

Juli why are you still using OB1?

Also make sure you get rid of any objects with points because currently Kray doesn't like them.

Clip maps should work, but if you find something fishy about it please post it to bug forum including the scene.

Thanks!
- Jure