townhouse interior

Please post finished works here.
3dworks

townhouse interior

Post by 3dworks »

here two images of a test scene rendered with the current 1.7OB on mac. original render size is 3200 x 3200.

rendertimes will be posted when the next OB version of kray is out, as currently the mac version is still undergoing heavy development and render speed will be much more optimized soon.
Attachments
thouse070224_CAM_Akray.jpg
thouse070224_CAM_Akray.jpg (253.4 KiB) Viewed 5084 times
thouse070224_CAM_Bkray.jpg
thouse070224_CAM_Bkray.jpg (276.95 KiB) Viewed 5197 times
Last edited by 3dworks on Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
_mats_

Post by _mats_ »

wow, really really nice.

I think the persp. distortion is extreme though, I understand the client might have asked for this specifically, as is usually the case :)

it looks great !

Matt -
acidarrow

Post by acidarrow »

Very nice lighting.

Are those reflection caustics on the ceiling? They look nice.

The wood textures though are pretty bad (apart from the floor which is good). Also some more variation on those books would be nice.
3dworks

Post by 3dworks »

AcidArrow wrote:Very nice lighting.

Are those reflection caustics on the ceiling? They look nice.

The wood textures though are pretty bad (apart from the floor which is good). Also some more variation on those books would be nice.
hi, yes those are reflection caustics. this quality is impossible to achieve with native LW or fprime.

i agree on the books, they are still basic. but imagine it like this: it's the beginning of a collection of extremely rare old books ;)

markus
adk

Post by adk »

That first one is a cracker of an image 3dworks (second is not as strong compositionally for me but still great) ... the reflection caustics really sell this thing for me - awesome work :D
Pavlov

Post by Pavlov »

hey markus, finally you did that interior, eheheh
absolutely nice, beside books and some small details (i see some small splotching on the roof) these are pretty good interiors ;)

Paolo
zent

Post by zent »

Wow! the lighting is perfect!
Radical Progressive
pixym

Post by pixym »

Markus,
These stills are perfect for me :shock:
Very very impressive, I have to do some stills of a bank interior, surely my first first stills to be really done with kray :)
I have tried to render those stills with FPrime, but the later is too much slow for interiors, specially when you have a lot of area lights... I will surely post my stills once finished. (Only if my client allows me to do it though)
Eddy MARILLAT
PIXYM