Lw or kray bug? [package scene lw 2015.1]

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
S0nny

Lw or kray bug? [package scene lw 2015.1]

Post by S0nny »

Hi guys,
any info about compatibility issue with kray 2.57 and lw 2015.1?
I'm experiencing a problem I can't solve:
if I try to load an old scene, say a lw 11.6.3 scene, it works ok

BUT

if I try to use the Package Scene function (in File->Package Scene) there is no way the new scene works in Kray: it keeps crashing no matter what and it becomes basically useless. Keep in mind that is the SAME scene, no mods or changes. If I save the scene and objects it works fine.
Anyone tried this yet? I can be a really big problem if I try to export a clean package for a renderfarm or other computers...
Janusz Biela

Re: Lw or kray bug? [package scene lw 2015.1]

Post by Janusz Biela »

G, work on update for LW2015. Newtek make a lot changes in SDK in new Lightwave, why are some issues with Kray. I am surprise K2.x works partly in LW2015 after that changes. New update for LW2015 will contain also new clip mapa system (finally newtek got some oil in head with this...it is so logical to do it and I have no idea why they did not make it earlier!)
Problem which you got are compatibility problems - everything is ok just Kray doesn`t support new functions or new SDK. I suspect Newtek made some changes in LWO and LWS system files - why I got also crashes from not only LWS but LWO files.

Anyway G. almost finished update (I have test version which works perfect) But he must be sure is everything ok...I noticed some not important bugs which I sent to him and I wait for update.

here working (finally) new system with clip map. One layer object and two surfaces:
kray_render_clip_map.png
S0nny

Post by S0nny »

OK, thank you Janusz, I'll stick to 11.6.3 for now.
Helpful as always!
S0nny

Post by S0nny »

Just a small update: I'm trying the 2.58 and it's working fine with LW 2015.1, all problem solved.
Good job!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Thanks, but if is something wrong please post immediately - but before check twice and send me synthetic small scene with bug (if possible). It was a lot changes in LW2015 and can be we missed something and also are some bugs in new Lightwave and G. did not make enough bypasses for temporary avoiding them for next release.

here on my hardware I test some huge scenes and still nothing but we never know :wink:
S0nny

Post by S0nny »

Janusz Biela wrote:Thanks, but if is something wrong please post immediately - but before check twice and send me synthetic small scene with bug (if possible). It was a lot changes in LW2015 and can be we missed something and also are some bugs in new Lightwave and G. did not make enough bypasses for temporary avoiding them for next release.
Don't worry, I'll do it!
here on my hardware I test some huge scenes and still nothing but we never know :wink:
Perfect, good to hear that ;)