savin/loding GI setup in kray

General disscusion about Kray
RogerNyheim

savin/loding GI setup in kray

Post by RogerNyheim »

Is there a way of saving the GI settings in kray 1.7?
jure

Post by jure »

Well not yet. Since GUI has been redesigned G. hasn't been able to code the new save/load system.
The plan is to create in each preset a save/load command as well as global save/load so you can export whatever settings you want.

For now you can use in LW9+ load from scene and only import "master plugins>kray". This should bring settings from another scene.
- Jure
tajino

Post by tajino »

if you know a bit of lscript and need this feature desparately, and also since kray.ls interface is an lscript, adding a buttons to load/save that write out all the settings/variable value to a plain text file wouldn't be too difficult.
3dworks

Post by 3dworks »

yes please, give us a save setup function and mkaybe with the useful integration into the main quality menu.

markus
_mats_

Post by _mats_ »

I submit my vote also, this is a must have feature (as well as the Mac working version and rendernodes ;) thats it !

thanks for the great product !

Matt -
tajino

KraySettings - Load & Save script

Post by tajino »

Here is a temporary make do of the Load/Save, in order to not violate G's kray.ls, I've just written 2 separate lscripts, one to load and another to save kray settings to a config file with extension *.Kraycfg

Saving and loading will check if kray exist, otherwise would not run. you need to save your scene prior to running these scripts.

Loading a *.Kraycfg will reload the current scene and reopen Kray panel, beware with large scene though, as LW might sometimes crash on reload.

Let me know if there is any problem, as I did it in a rush, no thorough testing yet. not tested on Mac also as i got no Mac.

enjoy! :)

edit : you should have ver 0.11 of this script, i've just updated it, earlier version had problems with multiple masterplug stacks.
Attachments
KraySetting-LoadSave.zip
KraySettings - Load & Save
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

tajino This is Cool tool!
:D :D :D :D
RogerNyheim

Re: KraySettings - Load & Save script

Post by RogerNyheim »

tajino wrote:Here is a temporary make do of the Load/Save, in order to not violate G's kray.ls, I've just written 2 separate lscripts, one to load and another to save kray settings to a config file with extension *.Kraycfg

Saving and loading will check if kray exist, otherwise would not run. you need to save your scene prior to running these scripts.

Loading a *.Kraycfg will reload the current scene and reopen Kray panel, beware with large scene though, as LW might sometimes crash on reload.

Let me know if there is any problem, as I did it in a rush, no thorough testing yet. not tested on Mac also as i got no Mac.

enjoy! :)

edit : you should have ver 0.11 of this script, i've just updated it, earlier version had problems with multiple masterplug stacks.
thats great...

tnx