Post by nico »

:D
LOL!!
Kray 2.56 is out.... see in your download!! :mrgreen:
nico

Re: KRAY 2.56 is out

Post by nico »

it's for lw 11.6.3? :roll:
i'ven't install it but if work can download too.
nico

Post by nico »

sorry but in last version 2.56 there is the OLD PHYSICAL SKY!!!!!! - witout command line.... :evil: :|
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

nico wrote:sorry but in last version 2.56 there is the OLD PHYSICAL SKY!!!!!! - witout command line.... :evil: :|
Here old lsc
KrayPhySky.lsc
(308.61 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
jnom

Post by jnom »

Whats the changes?
nico

Post by nico »

sorry Janusz (you are a user as us) but after few months of waiting would be right to give more informations for user.
yes it's another free update but we need certainty!!

:cry:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

nico wrote:sorry Janusz (you are a user as us) but after few months of waiting would be right to give more informations for user.
yes it's another free update but we need certainty!!

:cry:
Yes I know. I got email from G. about Kray.
K2.x will be updated for compatibility only but can be something extra new in old core.
K3 are in the last steps (it took long because G. changed his civil status: married and after that born his child ....so everything slide minimum half year)
He back now to normal speed and soon I will have great news with K3.

I know many users would like be lured by mails or progress status as we have in Maxwell software or another. But I think important is we do not make EVOLUTION with Kray. K3 is completely new software with everything new. Also I think great things born always in pain, hard work, difficulty and problems.

I found my pipeline in Kray, LW CAD and Lightwave so for me drop this and start from the beginning would be such waste of my time and passion.

Anyway, between time I test old core, new possibilities, new ideas and soon will post some really nice renders and scenes for you for tests :wink:
nico

Post by nico »

hope only that kray not lose users and G. development the sw. but witout users no money and witout money no development :!:

some users are returned to the lw engine and this isn't good.

Think G. know how many user bought kray and how many downloads of new "release" - so he can see if there's a decline.
the forum now is for few people despite your efforts to continue.

see later :wink:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I am not worry about development. G. has good selling in Podium from Google Sketchup - there is a lot users. Actually he doesnt need to work on both versions (LW and Podium) because core is the same. Connection core-software is done by very well documented Kray SDK. But we must understand: Lightwave is one of the biggest software 3D and attach render engine to LW is really big challenge (still no V-ray, MAxwell is standalone, Octane seems stooped - it should be done years ago, Corona on the plans as many)
ZodiaQ

Post by ZodiaQ »

For now it seems this version solves my problem : scenes crashing when loading from existing scene ...
mdharrington

Post by mdharrington »

Janusz Biela wrote:I am not worry about development. G. has good selling in Podium from Google Sketchup - there is a lot users. Actually he doesnt need to work on both versions (LW and Podium) because core is the same. Connection core-software is done by very well documented Kray SDK. But we must understand: Lightwave is one of the biggest software 3D and attach render engine to LW is really big challenge (still no V-ray, MAxwell is standalone, Octane seems stooped - it should be done years ago, Corona on the plans as many)
what do you mean octane seems stopped?

once Juan got a hold of it it took maybe a month to integrate...

octane v2 will be out before kray v3 i am pretty sure...
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I say that because still I do not see good renders from this software in Lightwave. Images of balls and boxes in HDRi environment are not scenes to show something. Still I wait for really good interiors and exteriors. I have doubts also about popularity of this software. Please remember this is Path Tracing engine render which need really power. Also in Octane are a lot of trick which avoid real global illumination: for example limited bounce light for Path Tracing, OCC, Direct Light GI only, etc.
There are really good renders from Octan (still I talk about normal scenes - not basic HDRi studio scene where engine has almost nothing to calculate) but most of them looks artificially because of these limits. Of course you can turn ON full Path Tracing in Octane with full bounce light (to get really good global Illumination) but I have doubt is any GFX card which can render it fast :wink:

My personal opinion (no offence please) Instead of buying two expensive GFX card and warming room from them + paying huge electric bill, better is update hardware with Dual Xeon and still use LW or Kray engine having no limits with memory and keep fast pipeline.
jnom

Post by jnom »

For interiors and enclosed spaces gpu is slower because you need multiple bounces and clean render but I'm sure it will catch up.

But for exterior shots its beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLyhma-kuAw
sky system, displacement, motionblur, instances with extremely low memory footprint, probably hair system for grass.

This one too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0myKj4h4dk
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

...there is a lot of post proces...you can do it even on LW engine.
jnom

Post by jnom »

The second link yes. And that shows its versatility to be used in compositing workflow. So again in k3 exr buffer support is needed for compositing workflow.
But they're good renders nonetheless. There's a lot more in their gallery and contest threads.