Renders ...

Please post finished works here.
rosstheboss

Renders ...

Post by rosstheboss »

Those are ols scene of mine that i want to remake. i would like some comments in order to improve them ...
Attachments
C.jpg
F.jpg
B.jpg
thomas

Re: Renders ...

Post by thomas »

Some first thoughts:

1) Put Fresnel reflection (= incidence angle) on the piano. It is WAY to reflective, even at the head-on angle.
2) Put some blurry reflection on your tables.
3) The floor!!! This is a big problem. The tiles look incredibly oversized, and the bump and details looks unrealistic and demands too much attention.
4) The light is very evenly distributed in the sense that every part of the room (especially the big first living room) gets the same amount and the same color of light. In reality some areas would get less light than others, and some parts would get a more yellow sunlight shade, other a more blueish atmosphere shade, or even greenish or brown if there is grass or dirt outside. These tints are very subtle so don't overdo them.

Cheers,
Thomas
thomas

Post by thomas »

I actually think you need to get rid of or completely rework the floor surface alltogether for these reasons:

1) There is a "light direction" baked into the floor tile texture, so no matter what you do it will look fake, especially in this type of renders where the light comes "from everywhere".
2) They are much to glossy, since they seem to be very matte and rough stone.
3) The 'concrete' seams inbetween the tiles are also very glossy. This material should be supermatte.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Good work :) I would like increase blur quality.