kray 3.0 preview

General disscusion about Kray
khan973

Re: kray 3.0 preview

Post by khan973 »

Janusz Biela wrote: This is possible to do (for example openEXR will be also) What kind of extra passes You used by DP_Filter?
Surface and object passes in color (but Kray has them)
Real Antialiased Depth Buffer
Object Normal / world normal (for nuke to place pixels in space)
Ambiant occlusion
Velocity pass (for post motion blur)
RAW RGB
Shadow Pass
Specular pass
But the thing is, with nodal overriding and writing in buffers, I can do whatever I want to and get the result in the buffers I choose or directly on my disk. Are you familiar with DP_Filter?
Grzegorz told me about own Nodal system in Kray...so there will be everything.
My mouths is watering... if we can do that, it will be freakin awesome!

I'm happy to read about the AA and overall calculation speed!
No information yet about this. This is not easy to do.
Generally I wait for official information from G. so I can not confirm everything. :)
So I'll wait then, but is is i think something very important to consider. Things haven't moved for ages on that note in LW.

Thanks again for the answers.
jonathlee

Post by jonathlee »

Regarding KRAY 3.0 - Animation;

Will it support
1. Depth of Field (need to export separate Z buffer)
2. Motion blur
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jonathlee wrote:Regarding KRAY 3.0 - Animation;

Will it support
1. Depth of Field (need to export separate Z buffer)
Z-buffer is the best solution for DoF now ever.
2. Motion blur
In K3.0 will be new MB , directly from Kray. Code is done....but for see it we must wait for first version of Kray working under LW. This will happen soon but I do not know exactly data, because K3.0 has a lot new thinks in code + LW 11.5 has also new parts. To start new Kray (I call new, because almost whole code was reorganized) Grzegorz need really time for that (procedures to porting software is quite difficult).
erikals

Post by erikals »

hope scenes like this one will render fast >
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php ... ion/page29
jnom

Post by jnom »

After playing with octane for lw for a while, I must say that kray should not focus on gpu ipr. If it will do ipr it would be better off with lw style cpu based ipr. The preprocessing for non static items in octane is slow for more complex scenes this is due to the translation of items into gpu. It will be multi threaded in the future but I doubt it would be as fluid. Ofcourse with ipr is better than not having one so kray 3.0 make some noise please. :mrgreen:
gristle

Post by gristle »

Biased renderer on GPU?

http://www.redshift3d.com/

Got a bit of interest over on cgtalk.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

gristle wrote:Biased renderer on GPU?

http://www.redshift3d.com/

Got a bit of interest over on cgtalk.

...next curiosity :wink:
Imho GPU Biased Renders appear minimum 5 years too early :wink:
btw If You liked test GPU Biased Rendering then try Octane...after rendering a couple of balls, screws and bolts You will understand what I mean....
gristle

Post by gristle »

You mean unbiased? Yes, loads of noise... that is why this new renderer looks interesting.
Did I read somewhere Kray 3 would use the GPU for some processing?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

gristle wrote:You mean unbiased? Yes, loads of noise... that is why this new renderer looks interesting.
Did I read somewhere Kray 3 would use the GPU for some processing?
yes sorry for mistake. Yes this will be in Kray - actually some parts of code are ready. But problem is not to attach Path Tracing to GPU ...problem is with speed. This is really slow - try Octane in normal interior scene with full Path Tracing mode without OCC...
jnom

Post by jnom »

For me octane strength is not with archiviz, interiors, productviz. Its faster to do those things in biased renderers like vray, kray, lw.
The real power of octane is the gpu unbiased bruteforce which can deal with animation better. Since there's no tricks or cheats, there's less error in the render from frame to frame. I hope kray 3.0 brings with it gpu based bruteforce rendering like fprime was for cpu. It doesn't necessarily have to be an unbiased renderer. Just take advantage of gpu to speed up bruteforce or uncached mode.
thibault

Post by thibault »

Octane or not Octane, good or not good, pehaps !
But it has an advantage, there is it!
Grass version 3, max vray tutorial for export to LW, Kray 3, and again and again ....
Say what you do and do what they say! The foundation for a business.
No tutorials, no news, nothing! And you think that with this historic Kray 3 will be a hit on other 3D software?
Wait for Newtek and the plugins that come with it is national sport.
The only one that I take my hat is with Viktor and LWCAD + FuturArch on Max.
He said what and when! and he did
Franck
jnom

Post by jnom »

What are you trying to say thibault?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

thibault wrote: And you think that with this historic Kray 3 will be a hit on other 3D software?
Actually we know about this and we know where is our place: on the small shelf in corner , there where small softwares need cheap and good engine render (Sketchup etc) We will not conquer World because is only one King - V-ray. But also remember: we are enthusiasts which love our creation - means Kray. Is better do something than lying on the ground and wait for death. If I watch what is better or faster I would not be in this place which I am. Remember is one threshold which after You are over software: this is call experience, stubborn, enthusiasm and by this You can be the best :wink:
khan973

Post by khan973 »

threshold which after You are over software: this is call experience, stubborn, enthusiasm and by this You can be the best
Well said, even thought we need to be more and more competitive, work faster and more efficiently.
thibault

Post by thibault »

Sorry, the deteriorating situation at the moment, although I have a lot of work. The nervousness helping, I tended to postpone my stress on the Kray team and it was a mistake. Please offer my excuses and I am more than ever a Kray user (even beginners). I wish you a lot of courage for the great work you perform and I look forward to this new version.
cordially
Franck