kray short animations

Please post finished works here.
jnom

Re: kray short animations

Post by jnom »

Thanks Jure! That was fast! Looks like it was a few code edited. I wish I understand programming. NT could have done it but they ignored it. We could have rendered on a mixed pipeline with the other big boys from AD, AE, nuke, etc a long time ago since this script is old afaik.
If ever the lscript is cleaned up or a derivative is made, would be great to add those other parameters. I hope everybody uses it with lw and kray. :mrgreen:
jnom

Post by jnom »

Tested on lw 11. Really cool Jure! Have some beer on me! :wink:
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Wait! Kray 2.4 has problems with LWSN so how can it work in LW11 with backburner as it uses LWSN anyway?
jnom

Post by jnom »

khan973 wrote:Wait! Kray 2.4 has problems with LWSN so how can it work in LW11 with backburner as it uses LWSN anyway?
What problem? Because I ran it and it worked. :mrgreen:
The problem I heard was bnr and amleto. I've yet to email Paul about the bnr but he sent emails for pro users to make lw 11 work with bnr.
Amleto I haven't tried yet. In any case I'm using this script because we have a mixed pipeline with 3dmax and AE.
khan973

Post by khan973 »

LW11 can't render Kray, so I thought LWSN would be in the same case.
I haven't tried with 11. Jure was saying that the best way to get Kray in any case with LWSN was to use 9.6.1.
even with 10.1 it seems there is a known problem that is LWSN related, not specific to BNR
Last edited by khan973 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jure

Post by jure »

khan973 wrote:Wait! Kray 2.4 has problems with LWSN so how can it work in LW11 with backburner as it uses LWSN anyway?
this backburner script is configured for LW96.
- Jure
jure

Post by jure »

jure wrote:
this backburner script was tested with LW96.
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

So kray 2.4 bld 1223 doesn't work with lw 11 at all? Strange it works with me lw 11 32 bit win 7 64bit.
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Jnom, Have you tried with full Kray power? (instances, tone mapping...) I'd be surprised if it doesn't crash
jure

Post by jure »

jnom wrote:So kray 2.4 bld 1223 doesn't work with lw 11 at all? Strange it works with me lw 11 32 bit win 7 64bit.
It works but it's not completely stable. Some crashes have been reported.
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

I see. I haven't experience any crashes yet. Guess I'm lucky.
Used tonemap and instances, etc. Sorry for the ugly render its a wip.
Main pc is corei3 with nvidia 430gt. Pretty low end.
Attachments
patio_texture_01_00000.png
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Cool, we'll get some splotches for dinner! :p just kidding.
You're a lucky man, for me in 11 (x64) it's crashing at the first steps of the render
jnom

Post by jnom »

The splotches make kray not crash :P
Seriously maybe its because I'm using 32bit.

Jure, just saw your post at nt you're working on a new bb script. Yeah that would be cool!
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

Hi everyone

this is my first post in the kray forums.
I arrived here following links from newtek forum etc about this backburner script. Like I said in the newtek foruns this script was lost in our company (mainly a 3ds max and xsi pipeline, I am the only lw user there) and for me to be able to use the render farm there I decided to give it a try. It worked fine but I do print stuff, so usually I render one frame, very rarely I render animations, and the original version of this script was prepared to send the renders to some lost folder that it would generate from the scene name. And it had some fields meant for shot/pass/etc and this would create 10 folders and drop the render there. Well for me this sucked so I (I'm no programmer) edited the script so that it would use the file path from lw's output directory instead of generating a lot of folders to save one render in there. That's why it looks very edited (and badly too).
If it wasn't for this script I would be in the s**t because they would never allow me to setup some lw farm that would have to turn off bburner server to use it for lw, well it would be a mess, so my option was use bburner or render in my own computer.
Like I said before this script isn't mine and I don't know who is the author. So, if someone wants to edit it, improve it (like it already happened thanks to jure) feel free to do it. And of course share it with everyone.
If I knew I would make it able to setup itself with the manager ip, paths, etc. Clean it. And that's pretty much it, there isn't much more to make it work.

At work we use AE, Nuke, 3dsMax, XSI and LW with backburner and it's pretty good to be able to fight for the farm computers with the other apps, and it would be a great help for other lw users that work in studios with other apps.

So Jure, thanks for what you already did and if I can help in anything please say.

cheers
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

after watching the video I love seeing the render percentage in the BB server log. I don't use kray and lw doesn't show a render percentage there...argh.