Butterfly net render

General disscusion about Kray
nico

Butterfly net render

Post by nico »

we have contact Liquid for BNR.
have 3 pc (20 core) and Paul argues that it is necessary to buy 20 licenses (15 + 5).
before you go to the expense would like to know if it works 100% kray :mrgreen: :oops:

1 core = 1 node :wink:
jure

Re: Butterfly net render

Post by jure »

nico wrote:we have contact Liquid for BNR.
have 3 pc (20 core) and Paul argues that it is necessary to buy 20 licenses (15 + 5).
before you go to the expense would like to know if it works 100% kray :mrgreen: :oops:

1 core = 1 node :wink:
You don't need 1 license for every core. You only need 1 license for 1 CPU. And yes it works with kray.
- Jure
nico

Post by nico »

thank's jure - you confirm PM with Paolo and Matt!!!
:wink:
jure

Post by jure »

Also before you jump on to BNR, be sure to try Amleto.. it's free now.
- Jure
nico

Post by nico »

today i've uncovered that vray for rhino allows to distribuite render for 10 pc node witout buy other sw!!!! simply give it ip andress of all pc....i don't know why but it's fantastic!!!

in bnr there are complicated system for set all!!!! :evil:
archijam

Post by archijam »

True, would be nice !

But when v.2 of Vray for Rhino comes out, they will raise the price to 900USD like the rest, guaranteed ..

The current VRay for Rhino version is very limited. No instances, no section rendering, for example ..
nico

Post by nico »

archijam wrote:True, would be nice !

But when v.2 of Vray for Rhino comes out, they will raise the price to 900USD like the rest, guaranteed ..

The current VRay for Rhino version is very limited. No instances, no section rendering, for example ..
oh archijam it's true!!!
love only the distribuite render inclused!!!
very difficult set bnr....
for example how can render in kray and not with lw engine??
jnom

Post by jnom »

You can try amleto. I'm using it at home with kray, lw, fprime. Works well but you need to handle content structure differently.
At work I use bnr pro because it has more features and super excellent support from Paul.
Speaking of vray. They offer 999 nodes in 3dmax by backburner with just one license.
Screamernet sucks. I wish kray team would use backburner via lscript from within lw to send renders.
AE, xsi, maya, 3dmax can all send renderjob to backburner.
I am doing it now with a script sending renders from lw to backburner but there are errors its not perfect. kray works, too :mrgreen:
3dworks

Post by 3dworks »

also have a look at squidnet. i'm about to setup my small farm with it these days. support is excellent and future development very promising.