Reflections Area light

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
Ruslan2

Reflections Area light

Post by Ruslan2 »

Hi! I want to see the reflection of area light in the reflecting surfaces without blurring.
Here is my test. Area Light inverse distance 2. Options kray- Area light (Compute Separately (AS), Area light Visibility (Realistic). Area

light becomes visible to the camera. The question is that area light was invisible to the camera, and the rest of reflection visible,

but without blurring? :)
Attachments
reflections light.jpg
reflections light blur.jpg
jure

Re: Reflections Area light

Post by jure »

Ruslan2 wrote:Hi! I want to see the reflection of area light in the reflecting surfaces without blurring.
Here is my test. Area Light inverse distance 2. Options kray- Area light (Compute Separately (AS), Area light Visibility (Realistic). Area

light becomes visible to the camera. The question is that area light was invisible to the camera, and the rest of reflection visible,

but without blurring? :)
Hmm that sounds confusing. Why would you want that anyways?
- Jure
Ruslan2

Post by Ruslan2 »

In my interior window openings are closed curtains, which are ill miss extra outside light. But I would like to see the light from the windows gave more reflections on glossy surfaces. In some cases, I used luminescence box in window openings, included an option (Unseen by Camera and Unseen by Radiosity) to them, but then I could not make the sunlight passing through luminescence box.
Maybe there are other options which I do not know?
Attachments
768.jpg
PS scena.jpg
jure

Post by jure »

Ruslan2 wrote:In my interior window openings are closed curtains, which are ill miss extra outside light. But I would like to see the light from the windows gave more reflections on glossy surfaces. In some cases, I used luminescence box in window openings, included an option (Unseen by Camera and Unseen by Radiosity) to them, but then I could not make the sunlight passing through luminescence box.
Maybe there are other options which I do not know?
If you only want to increase intensity of your reflections then add luminous polygons - uncheck cast/receive shadows, check unseen by camera and unseen by radiosity. You can also add Kray SurfaceOptions shader to the lumi poly and force it to render Raytrace only.
- Jure
Ruslan2

Post by Ruslan2 »

ok! Thanks!