Camera question (from a newcomer)

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
lav

Camera question (from a newcomer)

Post by lav »

Hi all. I started my kray journey with v.2.0 and I did few renders, until now.
A question: is there any relationship between the 'light' on the scene and the exposure of the camera?
I started my kray test with a 'non standard' lights set, and I wonder if I could use the camera to tweak the final result. :?:
Many thanks!
jure

Re: Camera question (from a newcomer)

Post by jure »

lav wrote:Hi all. I started my kray journey with v.2.0 and I did few renders, until now.
A question: is there any relationship between the 'light' on the scene and the exposure of the camera?
I started my kray test with a 'non standard' lights set, and I wonder if I could use the camera to tweak the final result. :?:
Many thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by "exposure of the camera". If you mean "exposure" parameter in kray general tab then yes - increasing this value will make picture brighter.
- Jure
lav

Post by lav »

Yes, the sense was what you understood. In particular: if you have a scene with a severe contrast between lighted and obscured spots... what is the best way to light the shadows without overexpose other parts of the image?
The 'physical accurate engine' makes me mad :)
Many thanks for the quick answer
Lightwave is the zen way to 3D
jure

Post by jure »

lav wrote:Yes, the sense was what you understood. In particular: if you have a scene with a severe contrast between lighted and obscured spots... what is the best way to light the shadows without overexpose other parts of the image?
Think about how you would light it in real life. Add fill lights and/or bounce cards to fill the shadows. You can also use Photon power multiplier to make shadows brighter.
- Jure
lav

Post by lav »

jure wrote:
lav wrote:Yes, the sense was what you understood. In particular: if you have a scene with a severe contrast between lighted and obscured spots... what is the best way to light the shadows without overexpose other parts of the image?
Think about how you would light it in real life. Add fill lights and/or bounce cards to fill the shadows. You can also use Photon power multiplier to make shadows brighter.
Ok. Thanks. I'll go on as I'd be in real life (great!)
Lightwave is the zen way to 3D