Kray RC5 released

General disscusion about Kray
jure

Re: Kray RC5 released

Post by jure »

vpii wrote:
jure wrote:
brownie wrote:I have the impression that my renders has more contrast with same settings; I'll see further if it's the case with all my scenes.

Did you change something in the renderer engine itself? (Especially on Mac version)
No. The renders should look the same. Unless you are using new tonemap plugin...
I loaded a scene with rc4 then in rc5 and rc5 was darker and more contrast. I did not change any settings just loaded. Unless I am missing something the new version gives different results then rc4.
Please send us a simple scene to check.
- Jure
jdomingo_forum

Post by jdomingo_forum »

kray rc5 crashing

doing some simple scene and testing physky.
after changing turbidty to lesser value, LW crashes. and not only this, also after changing value to exposure and sometimes the value in hours too...
Attachments
crash.jpg
jure

Post by jure »

jdomingo wrote:kray rc5 crashing

doing some simple scene and testing physky.
after changing turbidty to lesser value, LW crashes. and not only this, also after changing value to exposure and sometimes the value in hours too...
Please clean your config files. This can only be Lightwave problem since Kray PhySky is purely an lscript. If you can make this bug reproducable please send the scene to use so we can check it.
- Jure
jdomingo_forum

Post by jdomingo_forum »

how do you achive soft shadow using physky?
jure

Post by jure »

jdomingo wrote:how do you achive soft shadow using physky?
Soft shadows are there by default when using PhySky Sun. You cannot turn them off.
- Jure
jdomingo_forum

Post by jdomingo_forum »

ok thanks Jure. attached here is the scene, after cleaning my config so far has no crash. but when i use node material (for the yellow brick) it doesnt cast shadow
Attachments
q2.jpg
q1.jpg
Scenes.zip
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 215 times
jure

Post by jure »

jdomingo wrote:ok thanks Jure. attached here is the scene, after cleaning my config so far has no crash. but when i use node material (for the yellow brick) it doesnt cast shadow
You are using Delta material node. Some material nodes can not be used with Kray PhySky currently because the node requires actual light source in scene to query. And since Kray PhySky does not use light sources from lightwave it cannot see this material.
- Jure
matt gorner

Post by matt gorner »

Dumb question coming up, but where on the Kray site do you download the releases? Can't find it!
khan973_forum

Post by khan973_forum »

Go to order, log in and Tadaaaaa you're good to go!
mattgorner

Post by mattgorner »

Ahhhh got it, I tried that but was using my forum login, which is different (would be nice if these were the same actually).
jdomingo_forum

Post by jdomingo_forum »

ok now another question, when using physky with physun on, how do i change the colour of the sun ?
jure

Post by jure »

jdomingo wrote:ok now another question, when using physky with physun on, how do i change the colour of the sun ?
You cannot. The color of the sun is based on physical calculation depending on time, turbidity...
- Jure
archijam

Post by archijam »

Matt why do you have two logins? :)
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

_mats_ wrote:
Larry_g1s wrote:So the .png itself doesn't have the transparent bg like fprime or LW's native, I'd have to save a buffer with Kray?

Yes, use PNGA and it will have the alpha channel in it
Ah beautiful, thanks. Great addition Kray team!
Larry V

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is
the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
jure

Post by jure »

Larry_g1s wrote:
_mats_ wrote:
Larry_g1s wrote:So the .png itself doesn't have the transparent bg like fprime or LW's native, I'd have to save a buffer with Kray?

Yes, use PNGA and it will have the alpha channel in it
Ah beautiful, thanks. Great addition Kray team!
You must also add KrayBuffers master plugin and check "alpha" for this to work. However if you are outputing to LW image viewer than you don't need to do this.
- Jure