Post by cruisermori »

Could you help me solve these issues?
My render set-up is:
Photons preset - PM
1 spot light as Sun, 1 lumi poly in window as Sky
Attachments
Trial_01.jpg
Trial_01.jpg (156.13 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
Last edited by cruisermori on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

The artifacts on the reflections in the lower left is caused by the blurry reflection accuracy value. Basically, if the amount of reflection blur is above the value set in Kray, it will only use the precomputed irradiance map for reflections, instead of firing new final gather samples. So what you're seeing in the reflections is the irradiance map. Either improve the quality of the map, or increase the accuracy level to something above the amount of reflection blur on the metal.
cruisermori

Post by cruisermori »

Thank you Captain. It was exactly as you wrote. I changed also FG set-up (now higher numbers in spatial tol. 0,15 and B/D 0%) and problem with the corner disappeared. There are still some white splotches on the window frame :(
Attachments
Trial_02.jpg
Trial_02.jpg (125.44 KiB) Viewed 3881 times
Captain Obvious

Could you turn on "show fg samples" and render that out? It's best if you then also set prerendering to 0 % and turn off anti-aliasing to save time.
jure

Post by jure »

Do you have an area light or lumi polygon outside the window? If yes then move it a bit further away and the noise should be gone.
- Jure
cruisermori

Post by cruisermori »

Jure: I have a lumi polygon outside the window. I tried to move it but without any success.

I changed material for this curtain and it is better. No Transparency - only Translucency.
Attachments
Trial_03.jpg
Trial_03.jpg (75.13 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
Captain Obvious

Much nicer! Now set the "Corner" distance in the FG tab to 20 % or so, and the paths to 5. That will improve contact shadows and remove light leaks.