RPF & Kray.

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
azman_821009

RPF & Kray.

Post by azman_821009 »

Hi guys,

I would like to know how to use the RPF format in Kray?

Thanks.

Azmen
jure

Re: RPF & Kray.

Post by jure »

Turn OFF kray output and use LW Image Saver.
- Jure
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

Hi Jure, I already turn off the Kray output and used LW Image Saver but it doesn't show that RPF format. Still in TIFF format. Also not with alpha. Here I attached the scene file to you.

Thanks.
Macma_Animation_Overall_Scene_Fe_v001.lws
(589.89 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
jure

Post by jure »

Well obviously you cannot save to RPF if there is no RPF image saver... Why do you need RPF anyways? I think rendering out to separate buffer files is better solution.
- Jure
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

Really? I already go to the tab Images Processing -> Add Image Filter -> Extended RPF Export. I was double check my setting it still there.

Actually, I need to render it to RPF because I want to make a DOF and Fog. I've seen some articles the easy and faster way to make DOF & Fog is use RPF. http://www.creativemac.com/2004/01_jan/ ... w2ae13.htm. Or maybe you have another option?
jure

Post by jure »

Image Filters only work with LW renderer. Kray can not use it. But you don't need RPF to make good DOF or Fog. Just use Kray Buffers instead...
- Jure
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

Thanks Jure. Actually I'm still new in 'buffer' so where can I find the tutorial or information about buffer in Kray? How to do that? Thanks.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

This is fog made from z-buffer. (I know it is not volumetric ...but better then nothing)

http://www.kraytracing.com/joomla/forum ... &mode=view
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

Janusz Biela wrote:This is fog made from z-buffer. (I know it is not volumetric ...but better then nothing)

That's for fog so how about DOF? Should I use a DOF in Kray? It'll take render time right?
jure

Post by jure »

azman_821009 wrote:
Janusz Biela wrote:This is fog made from z-buffer. (I know it is not volumetric ...but better then nothing)

That's for fog so how about DOF? Should I use a DOF in Kray? It'll take render time right?
No, you use Zbuffer for DOF. Best DOF in AFX is with Frishlufht Lenscare plugin.
- Jure
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

jure wrote:
azman_821009 wrote:

No, you use Zbuffer for DOF. Best DOF in AFX is with Frishlufht Lenscare plugin.
Lenscare plug-in for AE so In Kray just save as a normal right? Also, I think that I already mentioned that I've problem save as Alpha in Kray. Can you check the file I've attached?
jure

Post by jure »

azman_821009 wrote: Lenscare plug-in for AE so In Kray just save as a normal right? Also, I think that I already mentioned that I've problem save as Alpha in Kray. Can you check the file I've attached?
Yes, In kray buffers you must select "Alpha".
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

If you want to make dof,etc animation then rpf is the way. The data embedded in it can be read by compositing appz.
Maybe render it in native lightwave in separate render pass.
If for stills then no need for rpf. Just fake it as people suggested.
jure

Post by jure »

jnom wrote:If you want to make dof,etc animation then rpf is the way. The data embedded in it can be read by compositing appz.
Maybe render it in native lightwave in separate render pass.
If for stills then no need for rpf. Just fake it as people suggested.
Why wouldn't you do the same without RPF? AFAIK the advantage of RPF is only that it holds several buffers inside single file.
- Jure
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

jure wrote:
azman_821009 wrote: Lenscare plug-in for AE so In Kray just save as a normal right? Also, I think that I already mentioned that I've problem save as Alpha in Kray. Can you check the file I've attached?
Yes, In kray buffers you must select "Alpha".
Yes and done. I already turn on the alpha button at 'add/edit buffers' tab but it still show as not alpha.