Resolution problem

General disscusion about Kray
peol

Resolution problem

Post by peol »

Hello
I can not render with good resolution. I try to render an image at a resolution of 5120x4096 but it does not move, it just stops to render.
I need a high resolution image, but now I do not know what is wrong. Renderings are working perfectly in less resolution.

Be grateful for some help.

Peter
Janusz Biela

Re: Resolution problem

Post by Janusz Biela »

peol wrote:Hello
I can not render with good resolution. I try to render an image at a resolution of 5120x4096 but it does not move, it just stops to render.
I need a high resolution image, but now I do not know what is wrong. Renderings are working perfectly in less resolution.

Be grateful for some help.

Peter
Show hardware info (RAM, x32 or x64)
I was render 50.000 pix half year ago without problem with 8 Giga RAM
5120x4096 that resolution I use non stop with NORMAL OCTREE and heavy scenes... so something is wrong.
peol

Post by peol »

My computer has 3GB of RAM and two E5345 (quad).Think it's strange because it produces images with a smaller size without problem.
Maybe it's my RAM.

Peter
jure

Post by jure »

peol wrote:My computer has 3GB of RAM and two E5345 (quad).Think it's strange because it produces images with a smaller size without problem.
Maybe it's my RAM.

Peter

Big images require more RAM. Check your task manager how much memory lightwave.exe process is using. If it's more than 2.5GB then you can try to increase size of your virtual memory... or buy more RAM. :)
- Jure
peol

Post by peol »

I changed the virutuella memory but it still does not. Rendering stops always when precomputing irradiances to start. Can I do something about it?

/Peter
jure

Post by jure »

peol wrote:I changed the virutuella memory but it still does not. Rendering stops always when precomputing irradiances to start. Can I do something about it?

/Peter
Did you confirm that you memory is the problem?
- Jure
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

problem is with memory. Sorry, but You have to buy RAM :( (better jump to 8 Giga)
Minimum for A4, A3 resolution is 4 Giga (of coarse depends from scene)
thomas

Post by thomas »

This could also depend very much on the settings. If I render some scenes on the high settings (ones with lots of refraction and reflection - I had to do a scene with a pool of water with a glas compartment in the middle with transparent mountain crystals in it!) my computers stalls as well.
peol

Post by peol »

Thank you I bought more Ram and now its working fine.

Peter