Kray rendering Vue

General disscusion about Kray
vpii

Kray rendering Vue

Post by vpii »

Playing around and I tried to render Vue scene in Kray. I am using old 6 vue but it did work in standard rendering mode. Other GI modes I got mixed results and crashes.
Attachments
krayVuerender00000.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: Kray rendering Vue

Post by Janusz Biela »

vpii wrote:Playing around and I tried to render Vue scene in Kray. I am using old 6 vue but it did work in standard rendering mode. Other GI modes I got mixed results and crashes.
54 s? Uff very fast.
I know a bit stuff for rendering enviroments...it is veeeeery sllllow.
I am realy suprised.... :D
vpii

Post by vpii »

I was also surprised, It renders in vue in 1 min 37 seconds. There is some type of shading issue going on. If G could make the link work I think Kray could render Vue much faster. This is on a 2.4 quad
jure

Post by jure »

This looks great, and fast. I'm not familiar with vue. What exactly are the problems?
- Jure
vpii

Post by vpii »

Jure,

Attached is the way it renders in Lightwave. The shading seems to be lost. It seems when I was testing HDI in Kray it is the same type of problem with shading. What is cool is it does see the instances and renders them really fast. What I notice the most is the antialias speed over Lightwave or even in Vue stand alone. If this could work properly it would be a huge break thru, much faster then rendering in Vue program stand alone. poly count is 3,143,786,264
Attachments
VueVerde.jpg
jure

Post by jure »

vpii wrote:Jure,

Attached is the way it renders in Lightwave. The shading seems to be lost. It seems when I was testing HDI in Kray it is the same type of problem with shading. What is cool is it does see the instances and renders them really fast. What I notice the most is the antialias speed over Lightwave or even in Vue stand alone. If this could work properly it would be a huge break thru, much faster then rendering in Vue program stand alone. poly count is 3,143,786,264
Ah, ok we have fixed some of the bugs so in next update it should perform better.
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Cool image. Does lightwave render ecosystems from vue as mesh or as instance?
vpii

Post by vpii »

Instancing is done in Vue and shows up in lightwave thru there plugin. I am using version 6 and you can not move instance around in lightwave, but I think in newer versions you can. I think Matt from 3D works has newer Vue and Kray. I would be interested what results he gets in new version or Vue.
3dworks

Post by 3dworks »

i will test this again when i have time, but kray did never render GI/ lights correctly when using xstream until now. let's see if the newest version will do so, last time i tested was some months ago. stay tuned...

markus
Pavlov

Post by Pavlov »

all this happens via Xstream, right ?
vpii

Post by vpii »

Pavlov wrote:all this happens via Xstream, right ?
Yes Xstream plugin
silviotoledo

Post by silviotoledo »

K ray have nice instancing.

If is there's a way do control animation like in HD instance it would be nice!
I mean the hability to stretch or move the animation times, so each element will look different. Also would be interesting to have the hability to change the collors of the instanced models a little.