kray short animations

Please post finished works here.
zardoz

Re: kray short animations

Post by zardoz »

another thing I remembered...a friend (programmer) sometime ago managed to have the contents of the lw2backburner.bat file inside the script and this made the .bat file unnecessary. I can't find it anymore but if you can recreate this, making this .bat obsolete that would be a good thing.
jure

Post by jure »

zardoz wrote:another thing I remembered...a friend (programmer) sometime ago managed to have the contents of the lw2backburner.bat file inside the script and this made the .bat file unnecessary. I can't find it anymore but if you can recreate this, making this .bat obsolete that would be a good thing.
Yes I already did that. I need a few more days to get the script working.
- Jure
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

thanks jure.

do you know if is it possible to configure the paths for lw, kray, bb manager etc without editing the script? make it more user friendly?
jure

Post by jure »

zardoz wrote:thanks jure.

do you know if is it possible to configure the paths for lw, kray, bb manager etc without editing the script? make it more user friendly?
Here's the new script: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php ... ost1227680

Please test it and let me know if there are any bugs or comments you might have.
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

Hi Jure, tried the script. It says job successfully sent to bb but nothing is added on the render que. Could it be because in the read me file it says lwsn should be on a network drive? The old script worked even if my install is in C:Lightwave

edit nope nothing still happening on bb after copying lightwave into my shared drive. I'm running the test on one pc where the server, manager, monitor are running. Old script works ok.

edit 2 deleted the lw2bb folder on the project directory now it works. j

Just wondering. does this script save a config file somewhere? Do I need to have each lw version use this separately so they won't overwrite the config where it points the lwsn.exe?
jure

Post by jure »

jnom wrote:Hi Jure, tried the script. It says job successfully sent to bb but nothing is added on the render que. Could it be because in the read me file it says lwsn should be on a network drive? The old script worked even if my install is in C:Lightwave

edit nope nothing still happening on bb after copying lightwave into my shared drive. I'm running the test on one pc where the server, manager, monitor are running. Old script works ok.

edit 2 deleted the lw2bb folder on the project directory now it works. j

Just wondering. does this script save a config file somewhere? Do I need to have each lw version use this separately so they won't overwrite the config where it points the lwsn.exe?
Script saves backburner settings to backburner.cfg file inside your LW Config folder. If it doesn't work then please send me the debug.log file which is insicde lw2bb\log folder...
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

Not sure if its a bug or a missing feature but when updating the render global>render first,last,step parameters the script doesn't update to the current setting. The old script updates it when I change the frame range and frame step.
jure

Post by jure »

jnom wrote:Not sure if its a bug or a missing feature but when updating the render global>render first,last,step parameters the script doesn't update to the current setting. The old script updates it when I change the frame range and frame step.
Well it was acctually supposed to be a feature... :) The idea was that you can choose arbitrary frame range separately from the one in LW globals... However if you press "reset job" it will reload your default LW settings.
- Jure
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

Hi Jure,

First of all thanks for doing this.
I wanted to ask if your script supports different lw configuration paths? (I use lw in my workstation, but we have another seat in a network computer and that's the one I use for the farm)
Another thing: what happens if we have a job in bburner and its ended and we resend the job from lw? the old version of our script would rename it (adding a number).

cheers
jure

Post by jure »

zardoz wrote:Hi Jure,

First of all thanks for doing this.
I wanted to ask if your script supports different lw configuration paths? (I use lw in my workstation, but we have another seat in a network computer and that's the one I use for the farm)
cheers
I can add option to select LW config path inside Backburner setting if you want. This way you can specify different config settings than the one currently used by your LW.
zardoz wrote:Hi Jure,

Another thing: what happens if we have a job in bburner and its ended and we resend the job from lw? the old version of our script would rename it (adding a number).

cheers
From my tests Backburner will automaticaly rename the new job and add it to the list. So this should work fine. (If it doesn't let me know and i will check).
- Jure
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

the config part would be nice.

about the resending of jobs to BB...the old script would rename it, the one I have now doesn't, I just right click in the job in bb and choose restart job, it reads the new job files and restarts the job with new changes. But I think it would be nice to have the renaming.

I'll test it this afternoon and I'll post my findings here.
cheers
jure

Post by jure »

Updated the script with requested features...

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php ... ost1228058
- Jure
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

amazing. thanks. I'll test it in a few hours.
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

Hi everyone,

I already tested it in our farm and it works perfectly. I can send scenes to the farm to be rendered by lw in another location with it's own config files.
works perfectly
thanks jure
I've been waiting for this for 3 or 4 years.
jnom

Post by jnom »

Yeah zardoz you got that right. NT doesn't think how important backburner is in a mixed pipeline. We begged and begged over there. :mrgreen: Took Jure a few days to come up with it.