RPF & Kray.

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
jnom

Re: RPF & Kray.

Post by jnom »

azman_821009 wrote:
jnom wrote:
azman_821009 wrote:Jure, I've problem with Image Format File. Usually for animation I'll save it to TIFF but in Kray TIFF can't read but others are great.

Anyway I'm looking the tutorial how to make a DOF or Fog use Lenscare in AE with 2 images (RGB + z-buffer)
kray_render00600.jpg
RGB - JPEG (Original was TGA + Alpha)
kray_render00600_zbuf.jpg
Z-Buffer - JPEG

Render time - 6 minutes ++, HD 720p

Also I need to know the function what is the meaning for black & white area.
If kray would support exr this would be much easier.
I did the fog and dof in this render with native lightwave. But main render is kray.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1U21r_lrY8
But not with lenscare. I have to check which plugin in AE when I get to work.
Btw depth pass is better 16bit float.

You did the fog and dof in native render? So that's meant you render for 2,3 times?
Yep but there's no gi or any effects just use simple scene and exrtrader to get depth pass save to exr format. Renders in seconds/frame.
But you can't use real lens camera because lw and kray don't match perfectly.
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

Hey guys, I just started test render sequences in Kray. For the 1 frame to 300++ frame it was really fast (5minutes ++ per frame) but suddenly it became slow. What happen with that?

Also I want to know that what is FGI. format file?

list kray render time.jpg
kray_render00341.jpg
Frames - 341 1:47am
kray_render00342.jpg
Frames - 342 4:08am

Which buffer I need to choose for motion blur effects? I heard that someone told me that use a texture buffer.
jure

Post by jure »

There is no special buffer for motion blur.

Your .fgi file is created when you use Time interpolated mode. But you should really be using Shared GI mode instead I think.
- Jure
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

jure wrote:There is no special buffer for motion blur.

Your .fgi file is created when you use Time interpolated mode. But you should really be using Shared GI mode instead I think.
Use a Shared GI mode? I used a Time Interpolated because in my animation has a movement cars. I was read the kray manual description that Shared GI mode use when only the camera are moving. So, I decide that if I have a moving car use a Time Interpolated.
jure

Post by jure »

Ah ok. But I think Shared GI would work just fine in your case since you won't really see GI from cars...
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

azman_821009 wrote:Which buffer I need to choose for motion blur effects? I heard that someone told me that use a texture buffer.
I don't think motionvectors are supported by kray. Maybe its hidden somewhere in the tailercommands :mrgreen:
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

jnom wrote:
azman_821009 wrote:Which buffer I need to choose for motion blur effects? I heard that someone told me that use a texture buffer.
I don't think motionvectors are supported by kray. Maybe its hidden somewhere in the tailercommands :mrgreen:
Yes, I found the motion vector buffer in native LW and I don't aspect that Kray will support for that. Hope for the next version of Kray will support or create a buffer similar like motion vector. Anyway I've found the motion vector already support in Vray it called G-buffer. I am not really sure about that but hope it something similar like z-buffer and for motion blur. Here is the link.

http://vray.us/vray_documentation/vray_ ... port.shtml

1 more thing I would like to say about Kray Instance is display preview for instance. I don't think so that kray instance can preview the instance we make it already right? For example like in HD instance they have a display for instance in wireframe etc. I think it might imported for architecture animation because for example the height and path of camera will not offence/cross to the tree with instance. :)
jnom

Post by jnom »

azman_821009 wrote:
jnom wrote:
Yes, I found the motion vector buffer in native LW and I don't aspect that Kray will support for that. Hope for the next version of Kray will support or create a buffer similar like motion vector. Anyway I've found the motion vector already support in Vray it called G-buffer. I am not really sure about that but hope it something similar like z-buffer and for motion blur. Here is the link.

http://vray.us/vray_documentation/vray_ ... port.shtml

1 more thing I would like to say about Kray Instance is display preview for instance. I don't think so that kray instance can preview the instance we make it already right? For example like in HD instance they have a display for instance in wireframe etc. I think it might imported for architecture animation because for example the height and path of camera will not offence/cross to the tree with instance. :)
vray supports many buffers even more than exrtrader.
I haven't tried rendering motionvectors from exrtrader and combine with kray renderer yet. It could work but again double the work double the render.
There's a proxy plugin for kray around the forums to make preview bounding box of instance. Not sure if it works with points in a mesh but it works with nulls afaik. Dpinstance which is free could probably be used to preview points in a mesh for kray instances.
jure

Post by jure »

Yes we have it all on to-do list so we are very aware of this limitations.
- Jure
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

Hi Jure,

I just want to ask something about zbuffer in after effects. Can I use a 'Fog 3D' on zbuffer in after effects?
jure

Post by jure »

No Fog3D is for AFX 3D Camera.
- Jure
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

How can I render just only the z-buffer sequences?
If it can render just only z-buffer, it's fast or not?
jnom

Post by jnom »

You can use fog trick in lw. Just use same classic or persp camera for lw and kray.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL_yqMUpz7s
I remember I had problem with clipmapped trees when using zdepth pass from kray or exr so I used fog trick. Renders fast because everything is turned off.
Attachments
housedof.jpg
Last edited by jnom on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
jure

Post by jure »

azman_821009 wrote:How can I render just only the z-buffer sequences?
If it can render just only z-buffer, it's fast or not?

1. Set Kray to Raytrace only mode and remove any shaders from surfaces
2. add Kray override and select "disable all"
3. turn off all lights and physical sky
4. add kray buffers and select only Z-buffer.

RGB render should be black but your zbuffer will render just fine.
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

jure wrote: 1. Set Kray to Raytrace only mode and remove any shaders from surfaces
2. add Kray override and select "disable all"
3. turn off all lights and physical sky
4. add kray buffers and select only Z-buffer.

RGB render should be black but your zbuffer will render just fine.
I tried this but can't get it to work and the clipmap trees solid. Any tip?
Attachments
krayzdepth.jpg