Interior evermotion free scene

Please post finished works here.
Janusz Biela

Interior evermotion free scene

Post by Janusz Biela »

This is scene from http://www.evermotion.org/?unfold_exclu ... =exclusive
Time render 45 min. Area light in windows (same setup V-ray ) +Sunsky.
I will fix some part later (bad AA, light leaks, etc.)
Attachments
interior_ever.jpg
larry_g1s

Re: Interior evermotion free scene

Post by larry_g1s »

Looks good JQ! Where is the scene available for download? I checked out the link but couldn't find it.
Larry V

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is
the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
ingo

Post by ingo »

Only the Max version is available for download, just look at the last page of the tutorial.
http://www.im-graphics.com
vsele

Post by vsele »

Hi Johnny....how did you get the scene into LW? I've tried with the latest FBX Plugin from autodesk for Max 2008 but I can't get the texture loaded along with the model in LW......what am I doing wrong?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

vsele wrote:Hi Johnny....how did you get the scene into LW? I've tried with the latest FBX Plugin from autodesk for Max 2008 but I can't get the texture loaded along with the model in LW......what am I doing wrong?
Procedure:
1/export object from 3Dmax to obj.
2/If You have max 2008 please select export to obj. file, if You have max 2009 please select export with Lightwave setup obj. (avilable in new max exporter menu)
3/if You had max2008 please use Accutrans tool http://www.micromouse.ca/ , open obj. file and save as lwo file, if You have max2009 You can open obj file stright in Modeler - but I thing much better is when You open always it under Accutrans.
4/rescale under Modelere whole obj. to 2.54%.
5/You save all oryginall UVmaps from max, but sometimes avilable is only one UVmaps for all surfaces (but this is no problem).

lwo:
Attachments
interior.part03.rar
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 426 times
interior.part02.rar
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 420 times
interior.part01.rar
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 428 times
vsele

Post by vsele »

Thank for the scene Johnny.....I hope you don't mind if I post my attempt here :) .....time 29m 13 s on a dual quad xeon 2.66 4 Gb ram...no area lights on the windows...just Sunsky+Sunspot and the GI sphere without texture.....2 prerender pass , 3AA fullscreen with High settings....it's completely different from yours and the Vray one but I like it...:)....hope you like it too.... :)
Attachments
int02J.jpg
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

vsele wrote:Thank for the scene Johnny.....I hope you don't mind if I post my attempt here :) .....time 29m 13 s on a dual quad xeon 2.66 4 Gb ram...no area lights on the windows...just Sunsky+Sunspot and the GI sphere without texture.....2 prerender pass , 3AA fullscreen with High settings....it's completely different from yours and the Vray one but I like it...:)....hope you like it too.... :)

Complety difference becouse You used basic setup :lol:
Please use Sunsky (text. Envir.) only for reflections but You need some light from this . Put Area in window http://www.evermotion.org/?unfold_exclu ... =exclusive and add for this Power Shader 3-6. I don`t use prerenders pass. You can put on the floor surface Shader: DiffusePowerMultiplier - 1.5 or 2 (higher value transport too much photons) in KrayPhotonMultiplier (if You recive light leak put in DiffuseNumberMultiplier value ~20.000 - 100.000 for correct errors) Of coarse this floor are bright, but dark floores too much "kill" photons from outside and Power shader from sun can`t help. This is nice trick to increse brightnes inside dark rooms.
vsele

Post by vsele »

Thanks for your suggestions Johnny...I'll give it a try as soon as I finish the last render .....anyway I forgot to tell that I've actually used power shader for the sun (5 probably)...I've also got Accutrans...thanks for the advice...It would have been better if the FBX export from Max worked....anyway....as for the area lights on windows, I try always to avoid them (except for few occasions where it's impossible to get some light inside the scene :)) just because I like to give at my render a more "Natural" look....:) ...thanks again for the tips....I'll post my latest renders tomorrow....
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Forget.
This is reference photo:
Attachments
reference.jpg
jure

Post by jure »

vsele wrote:Thank for the scene Johnny.....I hope you don't mind if I post my attempt here :) .....time 29m 13 s on a dual quad xeon 2.66 4 Gb ram...no area lights on the windows...just Sunsky+Sunspot and the GI sphere without texture.....2 prerender pass , 3AA fullscreen with High settings....it's completely different from yours and the Vray one but I like it...:)....hope you like it too.... :)
I like your render but I think the colors are burned out too much on the right... If you can fix that it will look great.
- Jure
vsele

Post by vsele »

LW rew
jure wrote:
I like your render but I think the colors are burned out too much on the right... If you can fix that it will look great.
Ok I've changed the exposure of my first render and you'll find the result on the first render:time 1h 39m with 2 prerender pass spatial tolerance0.03(i want contact shadows under the glass table) and 3AA fullscreen with High preset...the second render is with area lights on the windows..time 54m but with less photons fired and Spatial tolerance 0.08 (no contact shadows under the table..) the third one comes out from LW internal render: time 2h 18m FG 180% with 6 pass of classic AA..it's a bit burned but it's not that bad....MinPixSpa 2 MaxPixSpa 20....10 indirect bounces 400 RPE 12 SBR AT 35.......

PS : Thanks Jure.....:)
Attachments
Kray with modified exposure
Kray with modified exposure
Kray Area
Kray Area
LW render
LW render
jure

Post by jure »

Nice tests,
I think you need to reduce the yellow tint in your renders. Maybe your sun is too yellow?
The LW render doesn't look bad at all if it was correctly exposed - it does lack detail shadows though...
- Jure
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

My next update.55 min (I know: this is long time render , but all surfaces have blurr and reflections) Small PS after.
btw: this is small experiment with LWF: LWF plugin + exponential in Kray.
Attachments
room_Vray.jpg
jure

Post by jure »

Johny_quick wrote:My next update.55 min (I know: this is long time render , but all surfaces have blurr and reflections) Small PS after.
btw: this is small experiment with LWF: LWF plugin + exponential in Kray.
I love the colors in this render! Perfect work!
- Jure
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

12 min (but small splotches and a bit bad AA )
Attachments
room_Kray.jpg