V-ray.jpg
V-ray.jpg (38.48 KiB) Viewed 2996 times
kray.jpg
kray.jpg (40 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
room.rar
(655.19 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

What was the goal (or intention) in that comparison, except they rendered out quite the same time and did you use equally same material presets etc (some materials look totally different etc)

I'm a newbie here in K-ray forums, just purchased mine yesterday and doing my first Kray test render as we (I) speak :)

Gotta say I kinda like the stuff so far...
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Pheidian wrote:What was the goal (or intention) in that comparison, except they rendered out quite the same time and did you use equally same material presets etc (some materials look totally different etc)

I'm a newbie here in K-ray forums, just purchased mine yesterday and doing my first Kray test render as we (I) speak :)

Gotta say I kinda like the stuff so far...
You have right.
But... Kray engine have REAL bounce lights, V-ray have only FIRST and SECOND bounce light (include multiplier).
This is very hard to comparsion.
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

Does the Kray "real life light simulation" here mean also, that you have to actually model and place chairs and stuff "little over floor", like the normal chairs are not flat against the floor to create the contact shadow etc (which seems to be more notieable on vray rendering test)

I'm still kinda learning in to this totally different aproach of light setup (used to LW native and Fprime, which are far from being realistic lightning setups), it's weird you can actually light your scene with just background lightning, no additional lights needed...

So, you have done lots of vray vs kray testing, which one you're in favor nowadays (or in the near future?)
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Pheidian wrote:Does the Kray "real life light simulation" here mean also, that you have to actually model and place chairs and stuff "little over floor", like the normal chairs are not flat against the floor to create the contact shadow etc (which seems to be more notieable on vray rendering test)

I'm still kinda learning in to this totally different aproach of light setup (used to LW native and Fprime, which are far from being realistic lightning setups), it's weird you can actually light your scene with just background lightning, no additional lights needed...

So, you have done lots of vray vs kray testing, which one you're in favor nowadays (or in the near future?)
V-ray have include nice Area light (this make very speed render) called: VRayLight.
This is problem for Kray.....
Kray can`t render fast this scene in LM Mode (noise).
PM mode have slow Area. :cry: